Chapter 14

Stay ~ Rihanna (*)

!!Trust me when I say you should play the song when you see the asterisk! It makes the part way more emotional, which is a good thing!!
<3<3

—————

"What is your deal today? You've been absolutely silent." Mel asks me for what feels like the hundredth time today what's going on.

I hate this feeling. It shouldn't feel like this if it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. It shouldn't feel this way if it's supposed to be my dream. It shouldn't feel like I need to throw up every second of the day.

I don't know how to tell her I'm leaving.

I know that after telling her, comes telling the boys, and then Harry. And I am miserable knowing that I'm going to have to.

"Before you lie to me again and say you're fine, just don't. Or I'll get pissed. Harry said he knew something was up last night the minute you came inside after that phone call. I know you two weren't planning to just sleep when you got to the hotel, but he told me that's exactly what happened." She crosses her arms and looks frustrated with me.

And I really don't blame her. I've been quiet all morning. I've gotten numerous calls and texts from Harry. I got up early this morning and left him in our hotel room. We obviously had other plans last night, and I so badly wanted to spend time with him. I just couldn't get over the feeling in my stomach from the phone call though. I told him I just felt really sick and wanted to sleep, and I lied and said I'd make it up to him. Even though I won't be here to.

I guess it's not fair to hold this back from anyone for any longer. Especially Melanie and Harry.

Time to rip off the bandaid.

"You're right. I'm not fine. In fact, I'm miserable." I don't look at her when I speak because I know I'll break down.

"What..why? Is it Harry? What did he do?" She stands up from the barstool she was sat on.

"No. It's not Harry. It's me." I sniffle and shake my head. I decide to muster up enough courage to look at her. "This shouldn't feel this way Mel. This is a huge opportunity, but it's making me feel so sick to my stomach. I don't even-," I don't finish because I really start crying now.

She doesn't say anything, just walks over to where I'm sitting and wraps me in her arms. She's always been patient with me, she won't force anything out of me until I'm ready.

"Shhhh. Hey, it's ok. Relax honey." She strokes her hand through my hair, soothing me slightly.

"The call I got last night, it was from a therapist office in Oklahoma. Apparently my dad sent in my transcript and resume and they looked at it. It's a place called Well Heard Offices. The lady that called told me the owner wants me to come down and take the internship they offered me."

Melanie freezes her movements. I feel her suck in a harsh breath. "So what does this mean? Did you take it? You better have, because you're right. This is a huge opportunity for you, it's your entire future Sade."

I knew she'd be understanding, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

"Yes. I took it. It's a paying internship and...," I sob again. "I would be gone for three months for it. I don't necessarily have it yet, they want to interview me first. But the lady basically said it's mine if I want it. But the thing is, if I decided to stay with the company I'd have to officially move back there." I squeeze her arms tighter around me and bawl.

"Oh Sadie...." I hear her start crying too, and it only makes my heart clench tighter.

"I can't leave you. I can't leave my job and the boys." I choke out another loud sob before continuing. "And I can't leave him. Not when I've just started falling for him. He's the first guy I've tried with in years Mel. I really don't want to let him go. My heart can't take leaving my whole life behind."