Chapter 9

Night Changes ~ One Direction

—————

1 Week Later

There has been no excitement. I know I said I was ready for adventure and stuff, but the chance has not made it's debut yet.

The last time I spoke to Harry was exactly a week ago today. We have each other's numbers, so I know that's not the reason that he hasn't spoken to me. He told me he'd call me and he hasn't. He hasn't even shot me a quick text or anything. I've gotten absolutely nothing.

I'm certainly not sending the first text or calling him either. For starters, it would feel way too awkward to do so. Secondly, he's the one that said he'd call me. I guess I'm being a brat in a way, but if he said he would see me again, but hasn't made any effort to do so, why would I try? I am not gonna embarrass myself by contacting him if he's blowing me off.

The past week my thoughts have been flooded by him. I've gone to classes, then work, then back home. The same old routine. Yet I was still craving for the excitement that was Harry Styles, and I can't lie to myself and say I don't already miss him. We only hung out once, and I let him touch me despite that, although that's beside the point, but I still miss his presence.

I'm don't want to try and make excuses for him, but maybe he's extremely busy. He's in the biggest band in the world, of course he's busy you idiot. I silence my subconscious. A quick text doesn't take but five seconds.

I come to the conclusion that I'm being too dramatic about things. We aren't dating or anything and we don't know each other that well, so we're hardly even friends yet. We're more like acquaintances.

Even though you let him in your pants the first time you hung out. My subconscious is really irritating this afternoon. I didn't technically let him in my pants, just his hand.

Instead of dwelling on things I can't control, I turn my focus back to my work at the cafe. We've been busier than usual this afternoon. Sunday's are always good business, but today it's been really packed.

I'm working register today, and usually I do register and make the orders, but because it's so busy my friend Blake is helping make the orders too.

On a normal day it's me and Blake and my other coworker Chloe rotating between being the cashier and barista, serving, and cleaning. Today is different, and we forget the times we're supposed to rotate. Chloe serves and me and Blake work the counter.

The three of us are the only workers at the whole cafe. Halle is an old woman who is super rich, because she owns more cafes and restaurants all over, but she can't really do much physically. The cafe is small enough to where we only need three anyway. And she pays us really well too. I like it this way. Even when it gets this busy.

It takes all afternoon before it starts to die down. When it calms Blake offers to take over the register. "I'm gonna go get us some croissants from the back, tell Chloe please." I say to Blake after thanking him for taking over.

Well, that's one way to take my mind off things. I let out a long, dragged out sigh. That was hectic. That's only the fourth time in the 3 1/2 years I've worked here that it's been that crazy.

I'm glad most customers are patient and kind, but there's still a small handful that can be disrespectful. That's one area I struggle in while working in the food industry. I have a hot temper and very little patience for people who are rude, and it takes everything for me not to punch anyone that disrespects me or my coworkers in the face.

We all are very patient and work hard to make the order perfect for the customers. And that's why I'll never understand why people can still be so rude to food industry workers. Typical world I guess.