Chapter 12

Apocalypse ~ Cigarettes After Sex

*remember to watch for the asterisk to know when the song kicks in* :))))

—————

We've been here for two days.

Running off little sleep, little food, and a whole lot of hope, the boys and Mel and I have been at the hospital since the first night we came. It's been two days, and none of us have left. We're too scared to leave and something happen while we're gone.

I've offered to leave and grab any necessities for anybody, but neither Harry nor Mel wanted me to leave them. I really didn't want to leave either, but I would if it helped everyone out in some way.

Niall hasn't spoken a word since the first night. Louis has spoken with the rest of us a little, and I got Mel to speak and eat for the first time last night. She's still so torn apart though. I can barely stand to see her this way.

Louis did manage to get Niall to move by offering to go and get us all snacks and drinks. It took a bit to get Niall to comply, he just nodded his head and got up only because of Louis pulling his arms up.

Harry has only spoken a few words to me. Mostly short answers to my questions. He isn't being rude or anything, I understand fully why he's being silent.

The only news we've gotten the last couple of days is that they slowed the internal bleeding down a little. They apparently have gotten close to completely stopping it three times now, but as soon as they think it's over he bleeds some more. They keep draining it from his lungs nonstop, and the doctor told us they've been going at it for the entire two days now.

We're all worried sick, and I can't stand this feeling I have within me. I just want him to be okay, not just for my sake but for the boys and Mels sake. He may be my good friend, but's he family to the boys and him and Mel have a different and closer connection than all of us.

I can see that Harry is itching to know everything that's happening every second. And I don't blame him one bit. He hates not being in the know about everything, and I do too. But there's not much we can do about it now. We can only hope and pray we make it through.

Harry's tired, raspy voice suddenly breaks me from my thoughts. "Made in the AM."

I turn my head to him sat next to me in these horribly uncomfortable chairs. "What?" Both my voice and face laced with confusion.

He lifts his head up but doesn't make eye contact. He lets out a deep exhale. "The name of the album we've been working on recently. It's called Made in the AM. It's why we've been so busy lately. We've managed to have gotten half of the songs for it done already in a time span of three and a half weeks."

I'm a little taken aback. He hasn't spoken hardly at all, but hearing this random confession from him made me relax a little knowing that he's not completely erratic.

"Why Made in the AM?" I ask him.

He lets out a breathy laugh through his nose. "Liam came up with it. He mentioned how all of our best memories, moments, and times spent together were always in the morning. Always in the AM."

A smile at him although he can't see me. That's very creative and sweet actually. "That's lovely. Very thoughtful of Liam."

"Yea, we thought it was quite fitting for our last album as a group. A few of the songs on it are about us and all of our moments together, going out with a bang." He makes a hand gun gesture and jerks if back weakly. I can tell he's still a little weary.