Chapter 5

————

I didn't even feel tired anymore. I've literally been complaining all night since the show has been over, that I have been exhausted and that I wanted to go to sleep.

But all of a sudden, after realizing me and my best friend are about to eat dinner with One Direction, in public might I add, I'm no longer tired. In fact, I feel like I could stay up all night.

It's only 11:30, but it felt way later than that earlier at the party. Now I don't feel a single ounce of tiredness.

We rode to the restaurant in the limo I assume is the boys personal one. It's very nice compared to the one we rode in to the party. And that one was really nice.

We've been riding for about 5 minutes and everyone is conversing besides me. I'm sat on the end with Mel to my left, and next to her is Liam. They are talking away and I couldn't be happier for her. He's always been her number one crush.

I laugh at the thought.

Harry, Louis, and Niall are sat across from us, and they're all talking to each other. Harry across from me with Louis in front of Mel and Niall in front of Liam.

Despite me being left out of conversations, I don't feel uncomfortable. In fact, I'm happy to be left alone in my thoughts. I'm having a strange time processing what is happening right now.

I'm just casually sitting with my knees to my chest staring out the window, lost in thought.

I would've never guessed I'd be here right now. I was shocked to make it to the concert, and shocked about the idea of even meeting them. Now I'm here riding in an expensive limo with the most popular band in the world right now.

I turn my head to look at Mel and Liam, but I stopped when I notice Harry staring at me.

His face is completely expressionless. He's just staring at me and, even after making eye contact, he still makes no effort to look away. We just sit and stare at each other until I finally break contact, glancing back out the window.

What was that? I wonder what his reasoning behind that was. He just stared at me, and by the looks of it he had been staring for a while before I even looked at him.

The main question in my mind though was, Why did it turn me on? Ew, I'm weird.

I shake the thought out of my head. Despite him being unbelievably attractive, he's Harry Styles. And I'm certainly no idiot. A
guy that famous usually isn't interested in being tied down by one girl. I'm not judging though, or at least I'm not trying to. I don't even know him.

I'll let Melanie make her own decisions though, and if she wants to do her thing with Liam, then so be it. I'm not calling her an idiot either. She's smart enough to know a jerk when she sees one. But she does always talk about boys and having a boyfriend. She's always searching.

That's never been my thing. The last time I ever even tried to have a relationship with a boy was my junior year in high school. But, like all the others before him, I fled at the sign of commitment.

I hadn't even kissed someone since freshman year either. Let alone seriously dated anybody. My mom always told me I had serious commitment issues. She told me in the nicest way possible too. It wasn't like I took it to heart, I knew it was true.

I didn't mind though. I was close to my family, I had the most amazing best friend, I had a decent relationship with God, despite not having been to church since I was back home for summer break, and I'm a senior in college. I'm about to move on and get my dream job. Hopefully, someday.