Chapter 20

To Begin Again ~ Ingrid Michaelson ft. ZAYN (*)

**pretend the gif I use of Harry later is of him sitting outside
—————

"Yea I got the job. They loved my past experiences and saw my accomplishments at Well Heard. And the major plus is my boss is a married woman with children," I tell Melanie through the phone as I lay out and tan next to my apartment buildings pool.

"That's fucking amazing! I knew you'd have another job in no time. I'm so proud of you babe. And the lady boss thing is great too, hopefully she isn't a creep like the fucking asshole himself was. Don't even get me started."

I force out a laugh at the mention of him. "Yea...."

I hear her sigh on the other end. "Sorry for bringing it up, it just still bothers me."

"Oh no, it's okay. I'm not bothered by it too much anymore. I got out of there just in time. Everything's all good."

"Are you ever gonna tell the boys?" She asks about the other three besides Liam since he already knows, but I know she really means Harry.

"Uhhh....eventually I believe I will. I don't know when yet but I promise I will," I reply awkwardly.

"Well whenever you're ready I'll be there for you to help if you need it."

"Thanks Mel, I love you lots."

"And I love you more. I gotta get back to work now though so I'll talk to you later. Congrats on getting the job!" She exclaims and I laugh.

"Thank you! Bye!" I say and she returns it before ending the call.

I go back to laying out in the sun hoping to tan myself so I stop looking like a vampire. I had been cooped up in my office back at Well Heard so much that I barely got out in the sun. It feels good to do it again.

After tanning for about an hour I decide to go for a quick swim especially since there's hardly anybody out here at this time. It's late afternoon and I just got back from my interview at Brighter Life. So I decided to spend the rest of my day lounging out here in the nice weather, and it's so worth it.

When I get out I check my phone to see I only have one message that was sent five minutes ago. I read the text itself before seeing the name, but when I do my heart stops for a second.

Harry - We have a lot to talk about. Meet me at the park at 6 in our spot so I can explain myself. Please?

I take a deep breath as I contemplate my answer. That's the first notification I've gotten from him in over a year and it's him finally offering to give me some answers so I can't pass this up. It's all I've wanted for all this time.

But is it worth it?

That's the burning question of the day.

I go against my thoughts and go with my heart instead. I deserve some answers and he's gonna give me them. That's the only reason I type out what I do next.

You - See you then.

—————

The drive to the park to meet Harry was spent in silence. I usually always have music blasting but this time I don't. The only sound I could hear apart from the natural surroundings were the thoughts in my head.

So many of them.

I'm nervous, I won't lie. I mean, I've wanted answers for so long and now that I'm going to be getting them I'm a wreck. I've been twiddling my fingers on my steering wheel and biting my lip consecutively.