Christmas Eve

On the day before Christmas, I was at the mall doing some late shopping. I normally go early, but I had been so busy lately that I haven't had time to stop by the store. What I really need for Christmas is a car to get me back and forth to places, but my dad is afraid of me driving at a young age. He told me that he would grant me my car during my senior year. I can't wait because I get tired of asking Huey and the others for a ride. Sadly, even Riley and Cindy are driving and they are underage.

I was in line to get some cookies for Santa. I know he probably had a long day taking pictures with kids and tomorrow will be Christmas. So maybe a treat want be so bad for the end of the day. When I made it up to the front at the register the lady asked: "Hi what would you like to order?" "Oh, I'm here to pick up my order, for the package I ordered online," I told her showing my phone as proof. "Oh ok, I'll go get that in the back!" she left the register as I stepped aside. Another employee came to take other people's orders so that way the line could move faster.

I waited for a couple of minutes looking around the mall area to see it wasn't that many people here surprisingly. There's usually a whole bunch of people here fighting each other for last-minute gifts. I guess this is a lucky day for me! Even if there were a bunch of people in one of the stores all I have to do is stand in line because I preorder my gifts over the phone with them. I already got my parents something, but I didn't get my friends anything.

We're all exchanging gifts this evening since some of us have to leave out of town tonight. This Christmas we're going to my dad's mom's house and she lives 3 to 4 hours away depending on traffic. I love visiting my grandma because she is such a mood. I like to tell her about everything that goes on back home. Of course, I'm not gonna tell her about some events that surprisingly happened. The only person who wouldn't be too amused about seeing my grandma is my mom. My grandma feels the same way about her too.

Now don't jump to conclusion and assume she doesn't like her because she is white. One of the reasons she doesn't like my mom is because of her cooking skills. She feels that she is trying to poison my dad and me. One of her reasons reminded me of Riley because even Riley doesn't like my mom's cooking. My mom's cooking is decent; it just depends on what she's cooking.

The lady had come back with my package and handed it to me. "Sorry it took so long, they weren't ready with the cookies so we gave you six more extra cookies for free," she told me in a rush. "Well thank you and have a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!" I said my goodbyes. I left the shop and started to head towards Bath and Body Works. This is where I'm getting Cindy, Ming, and Hiro their gifts since they really like the smells.

When I made it inside the store I saw a bunch of women smelling the scents. I was so glad when there were only three people in the line. I kinda rushed to the front so I wouldn't get behind people who were heading to the line. I was so glad they had three registers open so that way people could get in and get out. One of the ladies got done and she ushered me come right over. When she saw me she was wondering where my products were. "Did you order something here?" she asked me a bit confused. "Yes, I had called in my order more some candles," I told her as she caught on to realization.

"Oh ok, I'm going to get that in the back, what's your name?" she asked about to leave. "Jazmine Dubois," I told her as she disappeared into the back. I looked around to see people were still sniffing candles and soaps. I thought about getting Huey, Ceasar, and Riley something from here but I don't think they're into the scents like that.

Ceasar's mom always comes here and buys candles for the house. She had a bunch of them in a cabin at their house. Riley thinks it's gay like always. Huey just says they want us to inhale the white man's poison so we can all slowly die. I would say something to justify his response but it's not even worth it. The lady came back with a bag with wrapped up candles thankfully. "Thank you!" I said as she handed me the bags. "Have a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!" I waved off as I left the store. The only people left are Ceasar and Riley. I'm getting Riley NBA 2k21 and Ceasar FIFA 21 for their PlayStations. If you're wondering I already have Huey's gift. I think he's going to like it.