Dull Day

It was a Sunday afternoon and I had nothing to do except go to church and come home. My parents weren't home because they had to be in the office for an upcoming case. All my homework was completed so that was something I didn't have to stress about.

I was just in my room scrolling through posts on Instagram. I didn't feel like posting anything today because I wasn't in the mood. Even though posting videos and pictures is what fills my bank account I don't have to worry too much about it. 

People still look at videos and posts from years ago like when I was little. Some videos I did I forgot about until I look at my explore section. Nothing was interesting to look at on my phone so I put it down and just got out of bed.

I looked out the window to see Huey's car parked in the driveway. Maybe I can walk over there and see if he wants to do anything. If not, if Riley is there I can beat him at his video games.

I got out of bed to slip on my crocs so I could head over to their house. I didn't think I needed to change out of my white tights and pink t-shirt. I wasn't going anywhere where I needed to dress to impress. 

I grabbed my house key before I left my room towards the front door. I left my house and made sure the door was locked and jogged over to Freeman's house. 

This is the first time in forever that I have come over him for no apparent reason. I rung the doorbell and quietly waited for somebody to come to answer it. Footsteps were being heard and somebody grumbling.

When the door open to reveal Mr. Freeman I heard him mumble: "Lazy motherfucker!". He must have been referring to Riley who was sitting in the living room on his game. "Hi Cutie Pie!" he immediately said changing his tone and facial expression.

"Hi, Mr. Freeman! Is Huey here?" I nicely asked him. "Yes his antisocial ass is upstairs," he said cursing once again. I couldn't help but giggle. "Go on up there, he needs to socialize with somebody instead of being in that damn room all day," he said stepping to the side. 

I walked inside and started heading towards the stairs. I saw Riley in front of the tv playing the video game I bought him for Christmas. "Hi, Riley!" I waved at him. He just looked at me and smirked. 

"Hey Jazmine," he mischievously said while putting down his remote control. He made some weird sign to me with one of his hands forming into a circle and the other hand poking a finger through it. I was unsure of what he was doing but I didn't care.

I just headed upstairs towards Huey's room. Unlike downstairs where Riley was making noise and Mr. Freeman was yelling at him it was pretty quiet upstairs. I made it to his door in which was closed so I knocked on it a couple of times.

"Come in," I heard him say on the other side. I slowly opened the door to see him on his bed reading a book. "Hey!" I said smiling at him as he took his attention off his book. "Oh hey Jazmine," he said perking up.

I came in and closed the door behind me. I came over to his bed to remove my crocs so I could sit next to him. I crawled over to him and just snuggled up to him. He already had his arm wrapped around me while the book was in his other hand. 

"Go ahead, keep reading!" I exclaimed, smirking and shaking his head. "If you came over here, you must be bored out of your mind," he said, setting his book down. I plainly said, "I'm not bored; I just don't have anything interesting to do." "Exactly bored!" he exclaimed.

"Do you have anything to do or do you need assistance?" I inquired of him. "Not really," he exclaimed, "I was planning on reading this peaceful Sunday." "I told you you could keep reading if you wanted to. I was just going to cuddle next to you, "I told him.