Happy New Year

Today I was returning home from my grandma's house for the New Year's party we were having at the Freeman's. The gang and our parents were going to be there to watch the countdown while we do our own little thing. After it hits 12 on the dot everybody kisses each other then they leave to go party. Usually, I don't have anybody to kiss on New Year's because I'm either alone or my current significant others at the time are with their families. So I spend it with Huey who reads his book.

Huey is never excited about the new year; he always says 'What's to be excited about, it's another year that gets ruined by the people.' which he is not wrong. But I always wanted him to find the good in some things. I know almost everything around the world is doing bad, but I always tell myself not to look at the negative side always go positive. Bad things make me cry and I don't want to cry. I had to work on not crying over the littlest things for years.

Because of how much I cried, you would think I was on my period or pregnant. People would think I got my sensitivity from my mom but it really came from my dad. He cries a lot during certain situations. Mom told me he cried one time because he was in jail about to get raped. But that's a perfectly normal time to cry in a situation like that. I know I would have cried if some stranger wanted to hit it from behind.

A month ago he had the talk with me about bad people that like to take little girls' purities away from them. The client he had at the time was a rape victim that had the guy's baby and my dad feared for me because I'm his innocent little princess. So he started to make me go to these classes to defend myself in certain situations if someone tries to rape me. I enjoyed the classes because the instructors are so motivated, but everybody else is either nervous or scared.

My dad even put me on birth control just in case it were to happen. My mom got upset with him, but she didn't argue. I kinda hate being on birth control because it makes me feel very emotional. With time ticking getting closer to midnight I'm getting nervous. I don't know what Huey's going to do when it strikes at 12 o'clock. He most likely might not want to be in a relationship with me. He said it himself that he doesn't know what to do with me in some situations. I wouldn't blame him for not continuing the relationship because I think he's been out of his comfort zone long enough.

"Ok, we're home!" I heard my dad chant. I looked out the window to see our house still the same before we had left. I looked the other direction to see the Freeman's were back home from Chicago along with the others who came back from Brooklyn, Japan, China, and Los Angelas. "It's so nice to be home," my mom thankfully said. I know she was excited to be back home. My grandma was giving her a tough time. "Jazmine would you like to go see your friends, I can see they are all at the Freeman's house about to have your little get together," he said trying to get me to go over.

"I'll head over there when I put all my stuff in my room," I told him as he shook his head. "No you should go right over there while your mother and I will head over to the McPhearson residents for the get-together," he said as my mom quickly agreed with him. "Yes sweetie you should go hang with Cindy, Riley, Hiro, Ming, and Huey," she suggested. "Ok, I'll go hang with them," I said getting out of the car and heading over to their house. "Bye Jazmine, have a Happy New Year," my mom said as she and my dad drove off.

That seemed a bit odd, but it is about to be 11  o'clock so I can't blame them. I might as well get inside before the others get upset with me. I am a bit late for our get together. We don't really do anything but talk about random subjects and wait till it strikes at 12 o'clock. Afterward, everybody goes out to some party that Hiro is DJing at, but Huey and I never go. I would go change out of my dress but there's no point.

I might be a social butterfly but I am not a party person like the others are. Plus I would get in trouble if I went because everybody drinks and smokes. If my parents smell the scent on me then they'll assume I was drinking and smoking. I don't feel like getting in trouble, so I'm not going. My parents tell me I have to stay at the Freeman's house because people on New Year's are crazy.