New Beginnings

I heard a calming sound wave coming from somewhere. I could feel myself moving on soft sheets. I slightly opened my eyes waiting for the sun to cause them to close again, but it didn't. I sat up a bit rubbing them so my vision could be cleared in a dark room with only a little like appearing. I observed the area to see this wasn't the pink room I was used to waking up to.

Instead, it was a room with historic black heroes posters on the wall, a shelf full of books, and a cleanroom. I still heard the calming sound and I looked to my side to see Huey sleeping while the alarm on his phone was going off. I reached over him to tap stop on the phone and to my surprise, he didn't wake up. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping.

Usually, I would see a whole scowl on his face like he was bothering him, but he seemed relaxed. I looked him up and down to see the sheets weren't fully covering him. It really showed the top half of Huey's toned body while I had most of the sheets covering me. I gently started to slowly rub his body until he pulled me in close to him. My face felt a little hot on my cheeks from his action.

I don't know if I should stay or depart from him. "Are you awake Huey?" I asked hearing a grunt from him. I guess that answers my question with a yes. I looked up at him to see those lids open up to reveal wine eyes. "Morning!" I smiled at him with a cheery voice. I got a glimpse of a smirk appearing on his face making me giggle a little. "Morning," he said with a low tone.

"Did I wake you, I'm sorry if I did," I apologized "No you didn't wake me up, I woke up earlier and went back to sleep," he told me. "Oh ok..." I said and it was nothing but silence between the both of us. There was one question that lingered in my mind that I was curious to know. "Huey?" I asked as he focused his full attention on me. "Yes, Jazmine," he said as I took a deep breath before I asked.

"What made you want to be in an official relationship with me?" I asked. "I don't know, I kinda enjoyed our semi-dating relationship even though we had boundaries, and I want to know how it feels to be in an official one," he explained as I understood now. "How come you weren't downstairs yesterday; I didn't see you when I came in last night. The others said you were down there with them but you left upstairs before I came in," he was in deep thought with this one until he finally came up with an answer. "You do realize how crazy and immature our friends are right?" he rhetorically asked.

He's not fully wrong on our friends being crazy and immature. I can name a couple of the things they did that I've witnessed over the years. Before Cindy and I became friends I heard whenever fundraiser season came around for school she always ran a part of the area where she sales cookies and if she ever caught or heard someone that was in her area selling cookies as well she would deal with them. Thankfully, I stayed in my neighborhood and didn't go anywhere near where she was selling.

Riley is always doing something bad around the neighborhood or with those two grown men name Ed and Rummy. I've only interacted with them a couple of times, but it's only when I'm with Riley and Cindy (most of the time Riley). They make me uncomfortable because they're always either checking me out, trying to get my number, or shoot their shot. I'm surprised I've never told my dad about them hitting on me but that would cause drama. Ed Wuncler, the mayor of Maryland and grandfather of Ed Wuncler the third would get involved. So I just keep my mouth shut and ignore it all.

I hate to say it but Ceasar is a walking hormone. I'm surprised he doesn't have any disease from the girls he messes around with. He's really the reason I wanted me and Huey to get tested before we did it. I remember one of the girls he had sex with had got HIV and she thought Ceasar gave it to her and the parents had to get involved in the situation because the girl was planning a lawsuit. Ceasar and the others knew the girl messed around with other guys and he claimed that he only did it with her one time.