Valentine's Day

It was Saturday afternoon, and I was in Huey's car going to this fancy couples' hotel. We were going there for Valentine's Day. I was surprised it was his idea to go away for the weekend. He never seemed to be the type to want to do stuff like this. He's more of a person that likes to stay in while I like to go out. 

I know you're probably wondering if our friends or family know anything about this. Well to answer your question they don't know that Huey and I are going to a hotel. They'll all be doing their own thing with their other significant lovers.

Mr. Freeman will be with his online lover, Riley with Cindy, Hiro with Ming, Ceasar with Austin since they both are single, my parents either with each other or dealing with a crazy couple, so that would lead all the attention off of Huey. 

Huey told Mr. Freeman he would be hanging with Ceasar while I told my parents I would be hanging with the dance team. They should both be out of town so I'm good. I was in the car on my phone as Huey was driving for almost thirty minutes towards the hotel. 

I was just scrolling through my social media looking at couples celebrate Valentine's Day early. People were bragging about their gifts and hashtagging couple goals. I just sighed and kept scrolling because some of it was a lie. "You still looking at social media couples?" I heard Huey ask me. 

"No, why?" I asked covering up my phone a bit. "Because you're slouched down in your seat and I can see from the corner of my eye of you looking at couples," he told me. "I can't help it, every picture that pops up just shows a bunch of storytellers," I exclaimed. "Half of the people  I either know or dance with are posting pictures of their significant others and how they do so much for them. It's just a bunch of damage they're doing to themselves because most of their significant others cheat on them. They just want them on their so they can get the likes," I rolled my eyes.

"You know this is the first time you have ever expressed to me how you feel about social media couples and their bullshit," he said a bit surprised. "Why is that surprising to you?" I asked wanting to know. "Because you're usually in a good mood before the holidays what's got you all riled up?" he asked. "Well it's that Valentine's is the holiday of love, but I don't like how people are being fake about everything. It always upsets me when people just use it for the likes," I crossed my arms. 

"Yeah, I'm surprised you're not posting us on your page," he said as I felt my face heat up. "The reason why is because I know you don't like for everything to get out and this getaway is for us and us only. I don't want anybody knowing that we are here together," I told him as I could see a little smirk appear. 

"Don't worry nobody won't know a thing," he calmly said sure of himself. "How did you find out about this place we're going to anyway?" I asked him looking at the pictures of the hotel online. "You know how my grandad goes on his online dates right?" he asked as I nodded. "You see one of the girls he took here a couple of weeks ago was once again crazy. He called Riley and me to come help get him from there and so when we went inside looking for him the place looked amazing. They had nice services and some of the stuff you liked there. When we found him and was about to leave one of the people who advertised for the place told me they were giving deals out for the rooms for Valentine's Day!" he said as I felt a smile appear on my face. 

"So you considered the deal and that's why you asked me if I was going to be free around that time?" I asked sitting up in my seat. "Yes, that's exactly what happened after that," he said. "This place must be really nice if you wanted to go to it," " I don't like too many places, but I feel like that you would like it," he casually said as I just smiled at him. 

"If you don't mind me asking what's putting you in a good mood today?" I asked a bit interested. "Everything is going great for the upcoming event for Black History Month. You and the gang were right about the ideas you guys had. A lot of people were buying tickets the first day they heard about it and we got some of the kids who had a high status to perform in the show. Though I am a bit worried about you," he said as I cocked my eyebrow.