Sleep Over

I was at lunch with the gang and we were all sitting at the table together looking dead. Everybody wasn't in their happy go get it mood like they always are. Well, at least that's how I see it even though they think it's the other way around. I swear ever since Halloween night I haven't been getting any good sleep. I've been staying up all night because I'm afraid to go to sleep and I've been sleeping in class.

I'm still able to pass my classes because I'm close to some people and they just give me the notes or tell me what the teacher was talking about. My parents aren't going to be home tonight so I gotta try and get some sleep. Maybe I could ask Cindy if I could sleepover, but Riley always sneaks into her house or she sneaks into his house. Ming's parents are having a business meeting and they say she can't have anybody over when it's a talk of business.

My parents say I can't go over any boys' houses unless it's Huey's and Riley's house, but I don't want to go over there because I heard Mr. Freeman is going on a date tonight. I've lived across the street from them for six years, when Mr. Freeman goes on a date with a woman my dad tells me not to go over their house. He says that the women he goes out with are either psycho or just a one-time thing. I didn't know what he meant by the one-time thing growing up until Riley told me that Mr. Freeman just sleeps around with the H-words. So going over the Freeman's house is out.

Then hanging out with Hiro is out because Ming gets easily jealous. Ceasar stays out practicing late on the soccer fields. Since it's been hard for him to sleep; his parents allowed him to go practice soccer to tire him out. I would do something like that, but my dad says I need to be at home before the streetlights come on. Plus I wouldn't be outside at night by myself because I'm too scared of the dark and I feel like somebody's going to get me. I don't even like sleeping in the dark which is why I kinda make my room glow with some decorations.

I was about to doze off to sleep, but then I heard the bell ring. I heard the others grunt and groan when they heard the sound. My next period is Dance and then Study Hall; I can get a little bit of sleep in that class or do what every other kid does and skip. I don't skip class because I don't want to get into any trouble, but Study Hall might be a great time to get some sleep. There are people around so I feel a little bit safe.

Most of the kids were out of the cafeteria and the others were getting up. I slowly got up and started walking towards the girls' locker room. I got a little bit scared because it was quiet and I was the only one there. I sat my bag down and pulled out my clothes. I slowly started to remove my clothing while looking around. I felt like somebody was watching me, so I had quickly put on my tight sky blue yoga pants along with a matching sleeveless top. To finish it off I had tied up my hair so it wouldn't get in my face while I was dancing.

I was about to leave until I was met with the eyes of my dance coach, Ms. Tanner, but only the varsity dance team calls her by her first name, Bella. She's a very cool and understanding teacher, unlike others. "Bella!" I awkwardly laughed. "Jazmine you're fifteen minutes late," she crossed her arms. "I'm sorry," I looked down at my feet because I got nervous to look her in the eyes. "Jazmine as team captain you have to lead by example. If you're late then the girls and guys will think it's okay to be late," she told me. "I know," I told her raising my head up towards the light. I closed my eyes because it was too bright and when I looked at her she got concerned.

"Are you alright?" she asked as I nodded. "Are you on any drugs?" she asked as I shook my head. "I haven't gotten enough sleep for the past couple of days," I told her. "Uh-huh and why is that?" she cocked her eyebrow. "Because my parents and my group of friends' parents decided it would be fun to scare us on Halloween. They all dressed up in some creepy costumes, fogged-up the houses, carried dangerous weapons, climbed on our cars, and chase us through the streets: scaring the living soul out of us," I explained the whole story.