Chapter 1: The Encounter

Tommy really hated running. It seemed as if he was always running, after all, he just stole something from the Dream Team, and is somehow getting away with it.

Tommy ran through the streets of SMP, it was night time and no one was outside. The street lamps flickered slightly as he ran into an alley way. Shit.

A dagger made of fire flew past his shoulder, he looked back and saw only two of the three chasing him now. Sapnap tightened his white bandana around his forehead.

"Give up Tommy," Sapnap summoned more fire knives in the air. "Just give it back."

"Dream is getting real pissed off," the lenses in George's glasses started to swirl an electric blue. "He might let this one slide if you step down."

"Bitch," Tommy had really no idea what to do. He didn't think he could take on both George and Sapnap at the same time. He should have waited for Tubbo to get back before trying something this stupid.

Tommy looked around. There were green trash cans and a cat with very blue eyes. Tommy played no attention to the cat, but rather a large bird that was on a nearby power line. Whatever. He didn't see anything that could help him in a fight.

"Tommy," George put emphasis on his voice, and Tommy felt his eyes droop. "Give it back."

"No..." Tommy tried to keep his eyes open. What a dumb power, making people fall asleep.

A large gust of wind came from above the three. The bird from before, who turned out to be a person, was hovering above them. He wore a grey robes and a green and white striped hat over his blond hair. He looked at George and Sapnap with his icy blue eyes.

"Um..." Sapnap glanced at George and then to the cat. "Ant?! Bad?!"

The blue eyed cat morphed into a person who had a backpack with an alarming amount of potions in it. Out of the shadows, another person appeared in a black and red hoodie with a sword.

"Mr. Philza, long time no see?" Bad said slyly, but Tommy could hear the panic in his voice. The four of them tensed up and got in a fighting stance. "We just need something from this kid real quick, you understand?"

"Well no, actually," Philza said, grabbing Tommy by the back of his shirt and lifting him into the air. "I don't think Tommy here would want to meet Dream again."

"Sorry, but orders are orders," Sapnap's fire daggers floated around his head. "Don't worry, Dream said he wants Tommy alive, he just needs to be punished for stealing from us."

"I highly doubt that that's all he wants," Philza raised him and Tommy higher into the air, and looked down at Dream's Hunters. "Stop picking on kids, would you?"

Philza flew across the city, holding Tommy loosely by the back of his shirt. Tommy was a little scared of being this high up, but he wasn't going to act like a baby in front of this Philza character. They landed on top of an office building.

"Are you okay, kid?" Philza gently let go of Tommy. "I'm Philza, by the way, but just call me Phil. What on earth did you steal from the Dream Team?"

"Some old vinyl records, just two," Tommy didn't know why some random music discs were important, but if he stole them fair and square, so he was keeping them. "I was going to wait for... shit!"

Tommy checked his phone and called Tubbo. The phone rang four times before he answered.

"Hey man, what the hell?!" Tubbo sounded reasonably angry at Tommy. "I thought we were going to heist together!"

"About that..." Tommy said awkwardly. "I got caught by Dream- I got away though, don't worry! And now I don't know what's happening."

"How did you get out?! Doesn't Dream hate you?!"

"This guy, Philza, swooped in- literally! And got me away from all four of the Hunters! I'm on top of some office right now though, and I don't know where I am."

"Aw man! That sounds so cool! Well, get home as soon as possible I guess..."

"Bye Tubbo!"

"Bye!"

Tommy hung up and jogged over to Phil, who was waiting for him by the roof door. They went inside and down the dull grey halls.

"So who are you?" Tommy knew he was Philza, but he didn't know what he was doing. "Why did you save me? Do you work for someone?"

"I saved you because you looked a bit pathetic, and you probably would have been dragged over to Dream," Phil shrugged. "And I don't technically work for anyone-"

"Technically?"

"Yeah, I'm the boss. Welcome to the Sleepy Bois Inc. Headquarters!"

...

Thank you for reading! This is an au that I made up and I will be writing this late at night, so this might be written bad. I also write on my phone, so sorry for weird formatting or whatever. Words: 840