Part 11: The Practice

Tommy was still very shaken from the vision. He tried to forget about it, but what if it was preventable? Shouldn't he do everything in his power to make sure that didn't happen?

Well, what could Tommy do? He trained up his power as much as he could. Tommy mastered Tubbo, Niki, and Fundy's powers. He also wanted to try Wilbur's the next time he was in L'Manburg, but no one had seen him since yesterday.

The next night, four days before the party, he decided to test out one of the Dream Team's powers. He knew all of them now, except Dream's, so this should be easy.

Not even after ten minutes of walking around in the city, he froze. Not intentionally. Tommy turned his head around as much as he could to see Punz.

"It's a bit late to be walking, don't you think?" Punz gloated. "Come with me, we have someone you might want to see."

"Fuck you!" Tommy didn't really know how Punz used his power, but snapping was usually an ability trigger.

Punz was as surprised as Tommy to find that he couldn't move. Now it was kind of awkward, because both were trapped. Tommy was hoping for a more epic fight than this.

"Can you let me go now?" Tommy asked after five minutes of stalemate.

"How about you let me go?" Punz asked sternly.

"Nah..." Tommy really hoped they weren't going to be there all night.

"How's Wilbur been?" Punz asked smugly. "Haven't seen him in a few days, have you?"

"You mother fucker," Tommy hissed. "You Better not touch Wilbur."

"Maybe if you let me go," Punz taunted.

"I don't know how."

"Seriously?!" Punz yelled. "I don't really want to teach you the ins and outs of my power."

"Then let me go."

"Guess the deal is off then."

"Come on man, just teach me! You're being a bitch!" Tommy was getting impatient.

"Do you ever stop yelling?!" Punz tried to cover his ears, only to remember he couldn't move his arms. "And I just realised I have the upper hand! I can just wait for someone to come along."

"Oh yeah," Tommy had forgotten that Punz was part of a team.

Soon enough, a man slithered out of the shadows. Bad was looking around in a panic.

"Bad!" Punz yelled. "Over here!"

"Punz!" Bad came over. Perfect. As soon as Bad was in reach, Tommy let go of Punz's power and took Bad's.

Well, there seemed to be a new problem. When Tommy let go of Punz's power, the trap dropped. So now Punz was free, and they could probably piece together that Tommy had Bad's power.

"Oh, hey!" Punz grabbed the axe off his back and stretched a little. "That does not feel good on the other side."

"Wait, so he might have my power now!" Bad shoved Tommy under a street light.

"Hey, Bad!" Tommy hoped this would work. "Fuck! Shit! Pussy-"

"AAAAHHHH!!!" Bad covered his ears and Tommy jumped back into the shadows. "LANGUAGE!"

"Bad!" Punz looked around for Tommy, but he was already in a shadow. "Great, he got away. And he can use your power now too."

"It doesn't matter, I'm not even going to be at the next mission," Bad sighed. "That reminds me, do you have any spare potions?"