Part 20: The Search

(Okay haha i guess i shouldnt stall any longer. We start right after The Listener. We are with Tubbo, Tommy, and Dream.)

Tubbo was walking behind Dream. There wasn't much he could do about this, it might as well just happen. Tubbo noticed how Tommy rushed to look in the van before Dream could find the potions, but it was useless. Dream probably already knew about those.

Dream was going through the cabin with no luck. Tubbo might not be a mind reader, but he knew Dream must be losing his mind. Good.

Tubbo himself wasn't looking for the discs. He had no attachment to them, but Tommy and Dream cared so that's why he was here he guessed. Tubbo kind if wanted to deal with the arrow wound in his shoulder, but here he was, getting threatened with another crossbow.

"Are you going to help?!" Dream asked, annoyed. Tubbo saw he was holding Tommy's files on the Dream Team. Dream looked understandably angry about his team's secrets just lying around.

"I mean," Tubbo shrugged. "You know the answer, don't you? I bet you've checked everywhere for those discs, even inside me and Tommy's minds."

"Whatever," Dream tore up the files. "You two are such fucking idiots."

"Well it's not like I'm the one who lost them," Tubbo defended. "I am, in fact, the only one of the three of us who has not lost the discs."

"Oh shut up," Dream was getting frustrated. Tubbo knew he was playing with fire, but he didn't like his chances of getting out of this alive anyway. "You can't even defend yourself. You just rely on Tommy and other people to save you."

Tubbo thought for a moment. Dream was kind of right, but it didn't really bug him. Tubbo was still relatively good at combat, it's just the Dream Team is stronger and has more people. Besides, Tubbo kind of prides himself on trying to talk things out.

"At least I'm not about to kill a person," Tubbo chuckled. As long as they were insulting eachother, Tubbo felt like he was more in the right. He also had a lot more materials. "Look at me, my power is so lame that I'm going to literally kill a person over some discs for a grain of control. You sound like a real dick."

"Telepathy isn't lame," Dream scoffed. "It's gotten me this far. Better than just not using my power in the first place."

Tubbo looked at his feet. There was a reason he didn't use his powers much. That energy dart? That time in the forest wasn't the first time he discovered it.

~flask back~

Tubbo was chilling on the couch with Tommy. It was the night after his thirteenth birthday, and it was his first birthday without his parents. They died in a car accident a few months before, the car bursting into flames in the middle of the road. Tommy said he could stay with him at Puffy's office, he went to therapy because his parents were also dead, simple murder.

But this was a special week. Tubbo had found them both a nice apartment to stay in, and they moved in just in time to celebrate his birthday. Tommy tried to make a cake, but they eventually just bought one from Niki. Tubbo sat in silence, thinking about how different things are now.

"I know you're already talking to Puffy about stuff like this," Tommy sat on the opposite side of the couch. "But if you want to talk about... them, in here to listen. I know what it's like."

"I'm fine," Tubbo said, surprised with the amount of cheer in his own voice. "Let's go on a walk."

"Tubbo, it is the middle of the night-" Tommy started complaining, but Tubbo glared at him like a crazy person. "Lets go I guess."

Tubbo liked the night air. It was calm and it helped him think. Logically, he knew that his parents were dead, weren't coming back, and that he should feel sad and miss them. But it didn't feel right that they were just dead like that. He thought for a moment. No, they were dead, but it didn't sit right with Tubbo. People don't just die like that, right?