Part 2: The Chase

After a while of waiting, Tubbo had finally received an address from Tommy about where he was. Tubbo was a bit hurt Tommy went stealing without him, but he was just glad Tommy was safe.

Tubbo packed up some of his and Tommy's clothes incase they needed to stay on the new place for a while. He really hoped he didn't look suspicious walking around with a suitcase late at night, but no one else was on the streets.

Tubbo couldn't shake the feeling that maybe he was being watched. He turned around and saw a man with a golden medallion in a white sweater.

"Hello?" Tubbo asked nervously. Tommy made it sound like this new place was supposed to be a secret, so this guy following him wasn't too good. "Can I help you?"

"Tubbo, right?" The man snapped his fingers and Tubbo couldn't move. It felt like some sort of invisible force was keeping him tied up. "Do you have something for Dream?"

"What do you mean?!" Tubbo knew this was because of Tommy and whatever he stole, so he had to keep it cool. "I don't have anything!"

"Oh," the man sounded disappointed.

"Punz!" Another person Tubbo definitely recognised slithered through the shadows up in front of Tubbo. "You got him? That was fast."

"Well, I was paid for a quick job," Punz joked. "I don't think this is the right kid, he doesn't seem to know what's going on."

"No, this is him," the man in the black and red hoodie walked over to the suit case. "Look, it's labeled 'Tubbo and Tommy'. Let's get him to Dream."

"I thought Dream only cared about Tommy?" Punz asked. "Does he need this one alive as well?"

"Maybe," Bad faded into the shadows and disappeared. "Better safe than sorry. Even if not, this is still leverage over Tommy."

Punz was right about one thing, Tubbo had no idea what was going on. Tommy certainly got the two of them in deep shit. No, Tubbo could get out of this.

He focused for a moment before Tubbo felt like he no longer was confined. The yellow energy it made always reminded Tubbo of bees, and that was his favorite thing to do with it. Before Punz could even shout to the other man, a swarm of energy bees was buzzing around his head, doing no damage but certainly confusing him.

Tubbo grabbed the suitcase and ran as quickly as he could to the address. He was very drained from using his power so suddenly like that, he stopped at the street light to catch his breath.

Across the way, there was a very tall man looking around, very confused. He was wearing sunglasses with red and green rims and a mask that was split in half with black and white. He was also dressed in a business suit for some reason, even though it was 11:30 at night.

"Are you okay?" Tubbo asked. It wasn't the wisest move, but this guy didn't seem to menacing. "Are you lost?"

"Me?!" The man looked startled to be acknowledged. "I'm fine, I just can't remember where my house is..."

"Oh, that's not good," Tubbo looked over his shoulder to see if Punz was behind. "If a guy with a gold necklace comes looking for me, I went that way. Cool?"

Tubbo pointed the opposite way he was going to go. The man looked confused, but nodded. "Nice to meet you too? I'm Ranboo, you might see me around."

Tubbo thought that was weirdly ominous, but just kept running. He hoped the tall stranger would make a good distraction for whatever mercenary Dream hired.

Tubbo soon found that he was too tired to keep running. There was no doubt that Punz was still looking for him, even if Ranboo threw him off his scent. All the letters on the street signs were blending together in Tubbo's mind, until he saw the faint pink glow of an old friend's bakery. At least if he was in a public place, it would be a scene to try and drag him away.

Tubbo opened the door to the bakery and only saw Niki. Her pink hair was tied in a ponytail and she was wearing a grey shirt and a black poncho. Little yellow and red flowers blossomed all over the bakery, and at Niki's feet when she stood still to long.

"Hello, Tubbo!" Her voice was soft and comforting, which helped calm Tubbo down a little. "Isn't Tommy usually with you?"

"I have no clue," Tubbo looked outside the window and saw a slithering shape move in and out of the shadows. "Can I hide behind the counter real quick? I'm currently being hunted down."

"Oh?" Niki opened up the mini gate to behind the register. "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything," Tubbo tried to keep his voice down. "Tommy did something stupid to the Dream Team, and suddenly I'm being chased all over the city!"

"Interesting." Niki continued to work like normal and gave Tubbo some bread to regain some energy. The man in the hoodie looked in the window and walked inside.

"Hello!" Bad smiled. His voice sounded so friendly when not hunting people down. "Can I get two muffins?"

"Of course!" Niki grabbed the order with a set of tongs and placed them in a bag. "That will be 3.50. Why are you out so late?"

"I'm just looking for someone," Bad took the food and paid Niki. "Have you seen a kid running around outside? Maybe with yellow energy particles?"

Niki pretended to think for a second. "No I don't think so, is that all sir?"

"I'm good! Thank you!"

Tubbo exhaled the breath he didn't realise he was holding. Niki looked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Are you okay?" Niki asked, very concerned. "I can give you a ride over to where Tommy told you."

"Thanks, Niki."

Tubbo hopped into Niki's car and they headed to the address. Turns out, it was an office building. Tubbo wasn't looking forward to staying the night in some office, but as long as Tommy was there and safe.

...

Thank you for reading! This story might be inconsistent because of school, but I'll try to post at least once a week. Words: 1058