Part 18: The Explination

(There's a slight time jump, just to the next morning. The next chapter will hopefully be all disc stuff, but for now, I have other plot to attend to. Blood warning.)

It was quiet. Too quiete. Techno had never felt so at peace in the past ten months, since first looking into the Dream Team, and that was the worrying part.

Techno hadn't even realised how loud the voice had been. It started quiete, but then it gradually got louder. So subtle that he didn't even notice. Before he knew it, the voice was screaming for blood and... well...

Techno just decided to sleep on the couch in Wilbur's office. He woke up at four in the morning according to Wilbur's clock, but Phil and Wilbur were both already awake. Ranboo was leaning awkwardly against the wall, asleep.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Phil teased. "Are you feeling better? Less..."

"Violent?" Techno finished. "Yeah. Are you okay, Wilbur?"

Wilbur flinched slightly, then nodded. He didn't look like he had gotten much sleep, but none of them ever did anyway. Wilbur was usually better at hiding his exhaustion, though.

"So can you explain what happened, Techno?" Phil asked, cautiously. "Wilbur explained some of it, but what do you remember?"

Techno thought for a moment to recall what happened. He himself was a little fuzzy on the memory, but he tried to think.

~flashback~

Techno was still kind of zoned out. He debated on trying to take Sapnap, Schlatt, and Dream in a fight, but Wilbur shook his head. Techno begrudgingly obeyed, this was Wilbur's business after all.

"I'm going back upstairs," Dream said, once they reached the meeting room. "Sapnap, make sure they don't try anything."

"Sure," Sapnap glanced nervously at Techno. Then Wilbur, who was glaring murderously. "Send someone else down soon?"

"I'll send Punz down in a minute." Dream left the room. Techno couldn't even hear his footsteps as he walked to the hall, Dream must be very light on his feet.

"So, Wilbur," gosh, Schlatt was annoying. "Your still on the fence about giving up the L'Manburg area, are you?"

"I'm not fucking 'on the fence'," Wilbur spat. "I have my mind made up, and I'm keeping the land."

"Shame," Schlatt straightened his red tie. "I wonder if your friend would agree with you."

"Techno feels the same way I do," Wilbur said bitterly. "That you are the worst and that it is completely in my rights to be on that land."

"You stupid fucking-" Schlatt face palmed. "I meant your friend upstairs. Ranbow? Whoever the fuck that kid is, do you think he values L'Manburg over his own safety like you apparently do?"

"What are you doing to him?" Techno joined the conversation.

"Well, nothing will happen if you sign over the property," Schlatt smiled coldly at Wilbur. "We don't want anything bad happening, do we now? To anyone for that matter. Tommy, Tubbo, Niki, Fundy-"

"Leave them our of this," Wilbur cut the air with his arm. "This is between me and you."

"Whatever," Schlatt was getting impatient. "I think we can both agree that would suck. Right?"

"Right," Sapnap agreed. "Do the right thing Wilbur, just sign and no one gets hurt."

"Don't hurt Ranboo," Wilbur said in his sing-song power voice.

Sapnap froze, and his eyes went blank. Schlatt turned back and back to Wilbur, annoyed. "Gah! That power of yours-"

Techno tackled Schlatt. Turns out, Schlatt was very weak and fragile, so this was no big feat. Wilbur tried opening the door to find it was locked, so instead he shot a sound wave at a small window on the wall.