Part 22: The Call

(We'll be right back to: Crystal Gang. This is a little bit after The Recruits.)

Puffy got a list if people to call from Sam. Half of them she recognised like Niki, Tommy, Tubbo, Foolish. Only Foolish picked up though, the other three must be busy.

"Puffy!" Foolish's voice came through her phone. "What's up?"

"Not entirely sure," Puffy glanced out the car window, Sam was driving them to his friend's house in the forest. "Do you happen to know where Jack Manifold lives?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm with Sam right now, could you go over there? We'll meet up."

"Cool? See you then!"

"Who else do I need to call?" Puffy turned to Sam, who was laser focussed on the road ahead.

"Try Philza," Sam nodded. "He's already in my contacts."

Puffy scrolled through the numbers in Sam's phone until she saw the name Philza. The phone rang once.

"Sam?! What are you doing?"

"This isn't Sam, I'm Puffy. Do you happen to know where one Jack Manifold lives?"

"Can this wait, I have some stab wounds to attend to-"

"Are you okay?!"

"Don't worry, they're not mine. But I am preoccupied with some Dream Team stuff..."

"Perfect! This is actually about that, so maybe get the Sleepy Bois Inc. over to Jack's house? We have a wither problem."

"Cool, but after you have to help us with something too. Do you know where L'Manburg is?"

"I can get directions."

"No you can't. I'll send them to you later. When do we meet?"

"Now, if that's good."

"Pog. We might take a bit, stab wounds and all."

"Take care!"

Puffy hung up and sighed. She really hated faking cheerfulness over the phone. It was annoying enough to do in person.

"Philza and Foolish can meet us at Jack's house," Puffy told Sam. "Anyone else?"

"Hmm..." Sam thought. "HBomb is out of town right now, I don't know where the fuck Charlie or Hannah are, I think that's everyone."

"So what do we need to do now?" Puffy asked. "Ant has a vile of wither and he clearly plans on keep it. What does he need it for and why does he have it in the first place?!"

"Did you know that wither can help plants grow?" Sam said like a fun fact. "If you use the wither on a plant, the plant will also be able to make wither out of its oils, but you have to add some stuff to it. They first found out when-"

"So if they wanted to, they could make more wither?" Puffy raised her eyebrows.

"Well, they'd need to combine it with poison. Or instant damage."

Puffy took a deep breath and exhaled. "Sam. They used both of those. On Skeppy. I'm pretty sure they have more."

"Oh," Sam turned his attention back to the road. "Isn't that them right there?"

"Wait what?!"

Puffy leaned forward and squinted. Sam was right. Bad, Ant, and Skeppy were carrying a large bag into the Schlatt building. Sam parked the car and they got out.

"Whatcha got there?" Puffy asked. Ant jumped and nearly dropped his end of the bag.

"We've got a special delivery for..." Bad looked around. "Quackity. And Schlatt."