Part 21: The Escape

(I do enjoy making you guys suffer, cliffhanger pog :) )

Niki and Fundy were hiding on the closet. She could barely here down stairs, the cabin had three floors, but she could hear footsteps coming up.

"This is so lame," Sapnap sighed. "Can you use your power to ask them where they are?"

"No, I have to be talking directly at them," George moved across the room. "Wait, Karl, make sure that guy downstairs stay here."

A crash came from downstairs. If this was one of Jack's bad luck days, that meant he was definitely still here.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I helped him clean up," Karl shrugged. "Try not to get into a fight, I don't have a get out of jail free card for you right now."

"We won't need one." Sapnap laughed as they continued looking.

Turns out, Sapnap and George sucked at looking for things. Niki guesses they must be used to just chasing people into alley ways instead of looking for a hiding person.

"Could we do something to draw them out?" Sapnap groaned in frustration. "We've been searching for hours!"

It has been twenty minutes.

"Maybe... oh! Perfect," George made his way over to the other side of the room and knocked something over. Some sort of glass or ceramic thing shattered on the ground, but Niki couldn't tell what it was. "This should work, if I remember correctly."

George stomped his foot and Niki felt a twisting pain in her chest. George kept on slamming his foot into the ground and it was only getting worse. She tried to stay quiet, but Niki couldn't help that her breathing was getting louder.

"Well, that didn't work," George continued walking around the room. "They're definitely up here, right?"

"Hold on," there was a noise of summoning from Sapnap. "I have an idea."

"Holy-" George burst out laughing.

"Okay," Sapnap cleared his throat and shouted through out the room. "Listen, I have several fire knives on me right now, and I will burn thus place to the ground and-"

He didn't need to finish his sentence for Fundy to bust open the door. Niki was surprised to see how scared he looked. Yeah they were being hunted down, but she thought it might have been the threat of fire.

"Well, that works too I guess," George shrugged. Sapnap surrounded the two with fire knives. "You weren't actually going to burn it down, right?"

"It was kind of spur of the moment," Sapnap admitted. "Sounds fun though. Might still do it."

"Sapnap, we just got out of one fire," George sighed. "Whatever. You two are coming with us."

Niki didn't know what to do. Other than that poor potted flower on the ground that's been crushed to death, there were no plants. Fundy looked like he was still too tired to fight, and Jack was stuck downstairs.

Fundy looked at her and glanced at a half open window. They were three stories high, but maybe if Niki could get some plants to break their fall... She needed to distract them.

"Why did you do that to that poor flower?!" Niki yelled. She was upset, but she was being overdramatic on purpose.

"Your file said you take damage in nearby living plants are hurt," George shrugged. "We thought maybe we could draw you out by crushing the flower."

"Who else do you have a file on?" She asked. Fundy was slowly edging toward the window.

"Wilbur Soot, Tubbo, Tommy-" Sapnap started listing from the top of his head, but was cut off by George.

"Aren't we supposed to keep that a secret?!" George hissed.

"Well, it doesn't matter," Sapnap had some sort of glint in his eyes, it wasn't a good one. "Besides, Dream never said we had to keep them alive..."

"I guess," George thought for a moment. "You got his message a minute ago, right? He has them?"

"Yeah."

"Wait!" Niki's mind was scrambling. "I'm sure you need help getting out of the forest? Or maybe plants or something?"

"We're fine," Sapnap had one of his fire knives go up to Niki's throat. "Have a nice trip."

"Now!"

Fundy was at the window and he punched the glass with his bloodied fist. He turned into a fox and jumped out the window. Niki bolted over and jumped as well, extending a few branches from nearby trees to break her fall.

"Sapnap, you idiot!"

"What do you mean?! You weren't watching him either!"

"Get Karl and that other guy, should we also jump?"

"Just go out the door."

Niki looked over to make sure Fundy didn't have a bad landing, and he was doing the same for her.

"Go left!" Niki whisper yelled. Fundy nodded and ran away. Niki went the other direction.

"Where did they go?!" Niki heard Karl yell. She hid behind a tree.

"Back to the city?!" George shouted.

"I'll check, you two keep scouting the forest." Sapnap ordered.

"What about Manifold?" Karl asked.

"With any luck, no pun intended, he'll get hurt by himself. Let's go!"

That was Niki's cue to keep running. Where now? The city still had a couple Hunters as far as she knew, and she was currently goingbthe opposite direction of Jack's house and L'Manburg. Niki decided to do a loop and run the long way back to the city.

Surprisingly, she found no one was chasing her. Niki went in a big circle to go back to the city. She was walking to save energy, but still tried to pick up the pace. After a while, she was saw the familiar street lights of the street with the Schlatt building.

Where was her bakery from here? Niki never liked being by the building, Schlatt always said she had to pay taxes to him, even though he wasn't in a government position and he had done nothing for her. Unfortunatly, it was dark and she wasn't paying attention.

Suddenly, a car crashed into her. She closed her eyes and the doors opened, with three pairs of footsteps coming out.

"Really?!" A familiar voice said. "I guess we're even now. Can we just take her to her bakery?"

"No, Dream said she ran away from Sapnap and George. The Schlatt building?"

"Carry her inside I guess."

"But I'm tired... I've had poison in and our of my system all night, can't we deal with this in the morning?"

"We don't have until morning," Someone picked Niki up off the ground. She winced in pain. "Give her to Quackity and Eret."

"Are Eret and Punz awake now?"

"Yeah, Eret got a broken arm apparently and Punz a concussion. The three hostages escaped though."

"Okay, take her in the building, then let's go home."

...

Thank you for reading! I'm tired again. That has to be the seventh time this week! I hope I made it kind of obvious who hit her with the car, but it was Bad, Skeppy, and Ant. Any questions or yheories can be left here. Words: 1170