Part 26: The Sighting

(Back at it again with some tasty procrastination! Totally can't tell I completely forgot about a character :D. Also maybe blood and fighting in this chapter)

...

Tubbo was running behind Tommy as they raced through the streets. People started to come out of their homes and go to work. It was the first time that week that Tubbo has been in the city during the day, he missed just stealing from the store and hanging with Tommy, now he might die.

"Whose power do you have?!" Tubbo yelled between breaths. Tommy was faster than Tubbo but was dragging him by the arm back to the office.

"Eret's, but it's fading," Tommy yelled back. They got a couple of confused looks going down the street. "Good thinking though, I'll use yours."

"We're going yo the office?" Tubbo asked.

"We are?!" Tommy asked back. Tubbo just remembered how terrible his friend's sense of direction was.

"God damn it, Tommy," Tubbo groaned. They were still sprinting down the streets. "Take a left up here and keep going straight."

"Which way is left?!"

"Tommy," Tubbo stopped and took a deep breath. He looked at a clock, 7 am. They talked to Big Q at around 6:15, so they have been running for 45 minutes. "I'm dyslexic and I know which way left is. Take a turn at the big advertisement for the reverse coaster."

"Got it."

The two continued running and stopped at the foot of the reverse coaster. Tubbo thought it was funny that they built an amusement park ride in the city before building an actual school.

"Remember this thing?" Tommy asked, pointing at the coaster. "We used to use it all the time."

"Maybe now isn't the best time to reminisce about the past..." Tubbo looked behind him. They got a pretty good head start, but he didn't doubt Dream could be on their tails at any moment.

"What can I say, I'm a sentimental person," Tommy shrugged, then held up both hands in an L shape to tell directions. "Come on."

They took a left and ran down the street. Tubbo noticed how even during the day, this street was super empty. There were only two parked cars, and one of them was Niki's car that looked like it was crushed and ripped apart.

"Oh wait," Tubbo stopped. "We don't have a key. What am I saying-"

"You're so dumb," Tommy smiled, and Tubbo knew what he was going to say. "Break in."

Tubbo pulled a bobbi pin out of his shirt pocket and Tommy pulled one out of his hair. Their days of thievery reminded them to always be prepared, even if they never took the advice.

"You can do the honors," Tubbo did a dramatic bow and motioned Tommy forward. Tommy did a dramatic bow back and started picking the lock. "How long has it been since we've broken into a building that wasn't for the Dream Team?"

"Mot since that cabin in the forest," Tommy laughed. "We would have been caught too, if that guy wasn't do busy breaking everything he got in proximity of."

Tubbo laughed, and looked back up the street. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw Fundy, George and Sapnap. George and Sapnap looked like they were holding Fundy hostage, and they probably were. Tubbo quickly jumped next to Tommy in the doorway.

"Sapnap and George are here," Tubbo whispered in a panic. "They also have Fundy, but no Niki. She must have gotten away to the others."

"Shit," Tommy mumbled and peeked from behind the wall. "We've got to go save Fundy I think, he looks all shaky and miserable."