Part 12: The Hostage

(Hey, so the chapter before this takes place the night after this chapter. This is imediatly after Part 9: The Heist)

Of course Ranboo knew this was his fault. He felt like the world stopped when he started looking for that book, he needed to find it.

Ranboo hoped Techno and Wilbur weren't too mad at him. He would be pretty pissed off if he got captured by the Dream Team because some random kid that can't even remember where he lives showed up and dragged you into an office.

Ranboo didn't like offices.

"Who's this guy?" The man, Schlatt maybe, pointed at Ranboo. "I only need to talk to Wil and Techno for this."

"Ranboo?!" Dream wheezed. "You don't need to worry about him. Sapnap, get Quackity. I'm guessing you want to discus 'business', Schlatt?"

"Oh yeah," Schlatt walked over to Wilbur, who still had a gag in his mouth. "How have you been, Wilbur Soot?!"

Ranboo tried to cover his ears as a massive wave of sound went through the room, shattering three windows.

"Would you shut up?" Schlatt appeared completely unfazed, but Ranboo felt like he might go deaf. "Come on, we have important matters to discus."

Sapnap came back up the elevator with Quackity. Quackity grinned when he saw Schlatt.

"Hey, man!" Quackity ran over and fist bumped Schlatt, who looked very irritated. "What's going on?"

"Did you let Wilbur fucking Soot into my office building?!" Schlatt yelled at the receptionist. "You literally let the enemy of the corporation into the premisice!"

"Listen, man," Quackity's voice was shaking as he laughed nervously. "I thought they just needed something for their friend, I didn't think-"

"Well you thought wrong."

Ranboo gulped. He wasn't being the one yelled at, but it made him nervous when people were angry near him. Shclatt stepped into the elevator with Wilbur, Techno, and Sapnap.

George sat Ranboo down in a chair. Ranboo couldn't teleport because he got sprayed with water, and he highly doubted he could sneak away from George, Quackity, Punz, and Dream without being noticed.

"So, Ranboo," Dream slided in front of him. "How are you?"

"Uh... well..." Ranboo didn't really know what to talk about. "Pretty bad, I guess."

"Why?" George asked, sounding genuinely confused.

"Pffft- George," Quackity laughed. "This is like, his second time this week getting kidnapped, is say that's pretty sucky thing to happen."

Ranboo scanned the room. Why wasn't his memory book in here?

So that's why you came here.

"Wilbur already said that, this isn't new information," Ranboo whispered. He had been hearing this voice for about three days now. "Would it kill you to pay attention?"

Ranboo thought it was kind of easy to talk to the voice. As weird as it was, the voice helped him remember things, and Ranboo thought it was much easier to joke with a voice in his head than with a real life person. He wished he didn't have to talk out loud to speak to it, though.

"What?" George heard him talking. George stared into Ranboo's eyes. "What did you just say?"

"Wilbur already said that, this isn't really new information. Would it kill you to pay attention?" Ranboo blurted out.