Part 4: The Meeting

Ranboo thought that the weird kid would be the strangest thing to happen tonight, but he was wrong. Just like the boy said, a man in a golden medallion ran up to him, holding a throwing axe.

"Excuse me, sir," the man asked Ranboo. He was new to the city, so maybe getting chased with an axe was normal. "What's your name?"

"..." Ranboo didn't really want to tell this guy his name, he seemed scary.

"Alright then, fine." Ranboo felt an invisible force tighten around him and he couldn't move. "Your name?"

"Ran... Boo..." Ranboo felt like his lungs might collapse, but the man let go of Ranboo. "What do you want?"

"Did you see a kid running around?" The man gripped his axe menacingly. "Maybe with energy bees around him?"

"I think he went..." Ranboo stopped. What direction did the kid want him to point? He couldn't remember. He felt like it was to his left. "That way?"

"Was that a question, or do you know?" The man was clearly getting impatient. He held the axe up to Ranboo's neck. "I don't have all night."

"I know! I know!" Ranboo quickly blinked out of the way of the axe and behind the man. Short distance teleporting was really useful sometimes.

"What was that?!" The man whipped around. "What did you- you teleported of course I guess, but how does it work?"

"Um..." Ranboo pulled his notebook out of his pockets and flipped through the pages. "Wow, that's dumb. Apparently I can teleport short distances, but I can't do it when wet."

"Oh," the man reached into his backpack and splashed a potion on Ranboo. It wasn't even a potion, just a plain water bottle. "Anyway, I'm Punz, why are you out at night? Not scared of the Dream Team?"

"Sorry! I just moved here!" Ranboo tried blinking, but nothing happened. "Who is the Dream Team?"

Punz snickered. "Here, you can come meet them."

Before Ranboo could object, Punz grabbed Ranboo's book and had already started holding the axe at him again, and they walked over to a building with a sign, 'Jschlatt Corporation'.

As the two stepped inside, they were greeted by a man at a desk with s blue beanie and blue sweater. "Punz, who are you going to see?"

"Take me to Dream," Punz said casually. "How are things, Quackity?"

"Eh," Quackity shrugged. "Schlatt just bought out this area of land in the forest, but we're having some problems with the surrounding neighboors. Nothing the Dream Team can't handle, though."

"Okay, see you around, Big Q."

"Big Q..." Ranboo was trying really hard to remember the names. It might be useful for later when he gets out.

If.

Ranboo and Punz stood in the elevator awkwardly. Ranboo thought it was funny how much taller he was than Punz. He was taller than everyone he had seen on the street, but that didn't mean he didn't feel threatened by them. He felt threatened by everyone.

After getting to the top floor, the door finally opened to a large meeting room. There were only three people there, but the room could fit at least twelve. Ranboo saw a man with goggles, a man with a white headband, and a man with a mask. It covered his whole face, and the only thing on it was a smile.

"Who is this, Punz?" The man in the headband asked. Little fire knives danced around his head. "Is this more on the disc case?"

"Maybe," Punz sat down in one of the chairs, so Ranboo did also. "Hand me that spray bottle, Sapnap?"

Sapnap tossed the spray bottle over to Punz, who sprayed water directly at Ranboo. It fogged up his sunglasses even more than they already were.

"Okay then?" The man with the large sunglasses lowered them slightly and looked into Ranboo's eyes. Ranboo did not like eye contact. "What do you know about Tommy and Tubbo?"

"Nothing!" Ranboo nearly screamed. This man looking in his eyes scared him a lot, along with that he probably got kidnapped. "I literally just moved here!"

"I think that's good, George," Sapnap waved his hand in front of George's eyes. "Where do you live?"

"Um..." Ranboo knew he probably wouldn't get away with 'I don't remember', but he didn't think he wrote it in his book yet. "Sorry... um... This is kind of awkward for all of us really. It's actually kind of funny-"

"Well?" Sapnap was getting impatient. "Dream, do you know?"

The man in the mask barely moved a muscle while talking, Ranboo might have believed it if he didn't even have a mouth. "He actually doesn't know."

The whole table went silent. Ranboo really hated explaining his memory issues. "Um... so my power sometimes messes with my head and it effects my short term memory..."

"Okay, thank you Punz," Dream stood up stared at Ranboo through the mask. Ranboo couldn't see his eyes, but he knew they were watching. "Your free to go. See you later, Memory Boy."

Ranboo made his way over to the elevator by himself, everyone sat watching him from the meeting table. Ranboo sighed in relief when the doors opened to the bottom floor.

"Big Q?" Ranboo tried his luck with the guy at the desk.

"Please, call me Quackity," Quackity said in a perfect replica of Ranboo's voice. "What do you need? A schedule for a meeting? Drugs? I have so many drugs I need to sell, man-"

"No drugs," Ranboo declined quickly, but he could tell Quackity was only joking. "Who exactly are the Dream Team? I'm new in town, and they seemed surprised I wasn't scared of them. Should I be?"

"The Dream Team is a group of people," Quackity explained while scrolling through his computer. "They are the head crime organisation of SMP City, this building is one of their many locations. They mostly just mess around with the citizens, nothing to big. They basicly own the city."

"Heh," Ranboo chuckled. "The Dream Team SMP City. It has a ring. Thank you, Quackity."

"Please, call me Big Q."

Ranboo may have an awful memory, but he was ninety percent certain that Quackity told him to call him Quackity, but whatever. Ranboo stepped outside and once again remembered he had no idea where to go. What was the last place he remembered being? A pink sign was in the distance. 'Niki's Bakery and Flower Shop'.

Ranboo was so glad it was open. He stumbled inside and was greeted by a woman with pink hair and flowers at her feet. "Ranboo?"

"You know me?!" Ranboo never liked situations like this, when someone remembered something he didn't.

"Not really," the woman who Ranboo assumed to be Niki shrugged. "You came in here the other day, and Tubbo was just talking about you."

"Tubbo?!" Ranboo was pretty sure that that was one of the names the Dream Team was looking for. "Is there also a Tommy?"

"Um... yeah?" Niki started to wipe down the counters. "Why, did something happen?"

"I think the Dream Team happened."

...

I really like Memory Boy. Thank you for reading! Words: 1189