Part 29: The Wanderer

(Okay, so I think I posted the chapter that Tubbo died in of April Fools, so sorry if there was confusion. Tubbo is actually dead. Warnings for descriptions of dying and existentialism.)

The fox man was easy enough for Purpled to take care of. Punz, one of his old business partners, got him a temporary job for the Dream Team. Purpled didn't like the Dream Team much, but they didn't bat an eye when he said he charged by the hour.

He told Ponk to drop him off here first thing in the morning, so he has been here for a while. He even saw Tommy and Tubbo run by, the boys fitting Punz's descriptions exactly. Ponk didn't want Purpled to be alone, but Purpled just said Punz would also be here.

The real problem started when the pink haired one turned around. He was probably checking to see if the fox was catching up, but he must have seen Ranboo and Tubbo out of the corner of his eye.

"Hey..." He stopped in his tracks. The other two in front of him didn't notice at first and kept walking. Perfect.

Purpled dashed over to the pink haired man and started talking in a loud whisper. Punz gave him some buzz words to use as a distraction for any suspecting citizens. "You didn't see any-"

Before Purpled could finish the phrase, the man shoved him to the ground with an alarming amount of force. Super strength then? Purpled saw the other two turn around, so he stayed on the ground, pretending to be more hurt than he actually was.

"Techno?!" The man with wings yelled. He ran over and Purpled rose slowly, acting like he was disoriented. "What the hell, man?! Are you okay kid?"

Purpled rubbed his head and gave a shakey thumbs up. They were really buying his act. Funnily enough, they also fit the descriptions Punz said to look out for.

"He was whispering at me!" Techno hissed and backed away. "His voice! It got all slithery and low like when Wilbur uses his power!"

"He could have been talking to someone else!" Wilbur argued. "What did he say?!"

"'You didn't see any,'" Techno made quotation marks in the air, glaring at Purpled. "Luckily I saw through his mind control. Fool me once-"

"First off, it's not mind control," Purpled rolled his eyes. "And second, that's no reason to push me to the ground!"

"What did you see?" The fox asked. "I didn't notice anything. I think I saw this kid earlier though..."

"Ranboo and Tubbo were going up the elevator to that building," Techno pointed at the glass skyscraper. "How did you not see it, Fundy?! He was obviously mind controlling me because he's with the Dream Team-"

Techno pulled out his sword and took another step closer. Purpled jumped back on his feet and backed up, realising the street was behind him so there was no easy way to get out. Using his power might be bad for a group situation like this because he could only use it on one person at a time. Wilbur and Fundy held Techno back.

"Woah!" Wilbur grabbed Techno's forearm. "We don't attack people who are maybe suspects. Besides, this street is too crowded to have a fight on. If you did see them, let's just go up the building!"

"I kind of want to know what this guy's deal is too," Phil said carefully. "Who are you?"

"Purpled," he put his hand in the pocket of his hoodie. He grabbed a small dagger just in case. "Look man, I didn't-"

"Why were Tubbo and Ranboo going up that building?" Phil asked, being greeted by silence.

"Tell us." Wilbur said. His voice somehow sounded like an audio glitch.