Merry Christmas (Pt.1)

December is the most magical month of the year. What makes it so magical is a mix of many things. In the street the colored lights are turned on, the gardens of the houses are decorated with any Christmas decoration, the snow, the smell of Christmas cookies, the children writing the letter to Santa Claus, being with the family decorating the whole house, these are the right ingredients for Christmas.

For Andy and Robert this was their first Christmas as married and they had decided that on the evening of Christmas Eve they would celebrate all together at their home as everyone spent Christmas Day with their family and they had something special in mind for that. evening. During the first days of December, during their free moments, they went to buy the Christmas tree and all the possible decorations that came to mind. When they got home after buying everything, they placed the tree in the space near the fireplace, but not too close, and then started decorating it. Robert then put lights around the tree and after they finished with Andy they started decorating it. They had chosen red, gold colored balls and others were simply glass with some decorations. After having decorated everything, only one thing was missing, the star to put on the tip of the tree. Andy took a chair to get to the top, but Robert picked it up and they put it together then they walked away a bit and admired the work done. They were satisfied with how it came. It took them all afternoon and they didn't realize it was time for dinner, but neither of them had the ability to cook.

Robert: "What if we order food?"

Andy: "Sounds like a great idea to me"

Robert: "What do you want to eat?"

Andy: "Anything is fine with me"

Robert: "Pizza?"

Andy: "Ok. While you order it, I'm going to take a shower and put on something more comfortable"

Robert: "mmmhhh .. I could come with you"

Andy: "So then we won't hear when dinner comes. I'm going alone"

Robert: "As you like .. just know that my offer is always valid" he said winking at her before picking up her phone to order dinner.

Meanwhile Andy went upstairs, took a quick shower and dressed in comfortable clothes and then went back to Robert. While she was upstairs Robert had put a blanket on the floor in front of the fireplace along with some pillows, had had two beers and was waiting for both the pizzas and Andy. The pizzas then came as Andy was walking back to him.

Robert: "You got off just in time"

Andy: "I would say yes. Shall we eat?"

Robert: "Yes, come with me" and took her to where she had prepared things before.

Andy: "Wow. How come.."

Robert: "Shhh .. just come here. I liked the atmosphere there and I wanted to do something special"

While they were eating, they talked about how to organize Christmas Eve evening. During the year they had been through a lot, they had married in secret, Andy had lost his father and had discovered that his mother was alive, then there was Robert's operation, their separation which should have lasted 90 days but which ultimately lasted only one month and finally Robert's arrest. As soon as they were happy, something happened that separated them again. Since no one was present at their wedding, they had decided that on Christmas Eve they would exchange promises in front of everyone. Even though everyone accepted their marriage, they were still angry that they weren't there, so this was going to be their Christmas present. Andy and Robert had decided that they would buy the rings as a Christmas present since they weren't wearing one yet. That evening while eating pizza they had finished organizing everything.