Firefighter's Ball

Things between Andy and Robert had definitely improved and now they were friends like they had never been in the past. Andy and Robert had started spending a lot of time together and when they trained together they always finished the workout lying on the floor and laughing. Although Andy and Robert were competing for the Captain's post, there was always a lot of respect between the two and they helped each other. Robert knew very well that Natasha would never have given him the promotion, but now it was only important to him to help Andy get that job. That Captain's post should have been Andy's many years ago, but she still hadn't gotten it. In those weeks Andy had shown everyone that she was ready to be the new Captain and one day at the end of the shift Ross had summoned Andy to her office. During their meeting Ross told Andy that during the night of the Fire Department's annual ball, she would announce that she would be the new Captain of the 19th. When Andy left Ross' office she went straight to Robert's house to share that news with him.

Robert: "What are you doing here?" he asked surprised. "Didn't you have a meeting with the Chief?"

Andy: "Yes, I was with her until recently and.. will you let me in? I have to share this news with someone"

Robert: "Yes, of course, sorry, come in" he replied letting Andy into the house. "You look very happy"

Andy: "I'm happy. Ross just told me that on the night of the fireman's dance she will be announcing my promotion" she said with a huge smile.

Robert: "I'm very happy for you, you deserve it" he replied with a smile.

Andy: "Thanks" she replied heading to the kitchen to go get something to drink. "Now let's celebrate" she said, shaking two bottles of sparkling water.

Robert: "You shouldn't celebrate with water"

Andy: "You can't drink, so water will be fine" Robert nodded.

Robert: "Are you hungry? I could cook something"

Andy: "Or let's order some food, I don't want you to cook"

Robert: "It's not a problem for me and then we have to celebrate your promotion" he said with a big smile.

Andy: "Okay" she replied with a smile. "And while we're at it, you're going to have to come to that dance"

Robert: "Absolutely not"

Andy: "But yes, Captain's orders" Robert shook his head. "I know you don't want to be there for everything that's been going on, but.." she walked over to him. "Could you at least do it for me? In all these weeks you have helped and supported me and if I now have this promotion it is also thanks to you"

Robert: "I didn't do anything, you did everything by yourself. You always had the right skills and if you have that promotion now, it's only because of you" he replied as he started cooking. "If it's important to you that I'm there that night, I'll be there" a big smile formed on Andy's face.

Andy: "Thanks" she replied hugging Robert. "Can I help you?" Robert nodded.

The two had a lot of fun cooking together and joked a lot. The atmosphere between the two was very calm and even during dinner they talked about anything.

Robert: "We must at least make a toast" he said taking his glass of water. "Here's to the new Captain of 19, the best Captain that station can have" he said as Andy smiled sweetly.

Andy: "Thanks" she replied with a smile and then they clinked their glasses to toast.

After spending some more time together, they said goodbye and then Andy went back to her house. Andy had forgotten that she had scheduled a video call with her mother for that evening so as soon as she remembered she called her. Andy told her mother about her everything that had happened and that night she fell asleep happier than usual. No one knew about her or her promotion and so when Andy arrived at the station the next day happier than usual, no one understood why. Andy wanted to tell everyone what was happening to her, but so far she hadn't said anything. One day while she was with Vic at the mall picking out a dress for prom night, Vic tried to ask her what was going on with her.