This is what we all want

During the Firefighter's Ball, Andy had received the news that she was the new Captain of Station 19. Not everyone was happy that Andy was the new Captain, but she could at least count on the people she considered most important: Robert, Vic, Travis , Jack and Ben. They had been the only ones to sincerely compliment her, while everyone else had complimented her only out of kindness. For Andy that evening had not been easy because shortly after speaking with Ross there was an accident and part of the floor had collapsed. During that collapse there were many injuries including Jack and Ross and also some deaths including Dixon. Robert and Natasha had argued a few hours before because he didn't love her, but that incident had perhaps changed things a little, or at least that's what she thought. Robert, in order to open her eyes, had told her that he would try to love her, but in reality he knew very well that he couldn't love her as she wanted. He had never been in love with Natasha because in recent years her heart had belonged, and she still belonged now, to only one person, Andy. He had only said those words to Natasha because he didn't want to lose another person in her life and he would definitely talk to her as soon as she was better than her. Jack and Ross were immediately taken to hospital and Jack, of the two, was the one in the worst situation. He had suddenly fainted and still hadn't managed to regain consciousness. They were all very worried about him, especially Andy. Once everyone arrived at the hospital, they sat in the waiting room waiting for news while Maya and Carina went to the pediatric ward to make sure the baby they had delivered was okay. Unfortunately, the baby's mother hadn't made it and Maya and Carina, with just one look, had both thought that this was the baby they would have liked to adopt. Robert in the meantime had distanced himself from the rest of the team and everyone had thought that he had gone to ask for information about Natasha, but in reality Robert had gone to get something hot for Andy.

Robert: "Here, this will do you good" he said, giving Andy a cup with something hot inside.

Andy: "Thank you" she replied, smiling faintly. "Where did you manage to find some hot chocolate? It doesn't look like the one from the distributor to me"

Robert: "I asked the nurses, they are very kind"

Andy: "Did you use your charm to get this?" she asked referring to the cup of hot chocolate in his hand.

Robert: "I could tell you I did, but I really just told them I was looking for some hot chocolate for an important person who is suffering right now"

Andy: "Thank you Robert" she nodded.

Robert: "Don't worry, everything will be fine. They will give us good news about Jack soon"

Andy: "I hope so. Have you heard anything about Ross?"

Robert: "No, but I'm sure she's fine. She was walking alone, she just needed some oxygen"

Andy: "You don't seem very worried about her"

Robert: "I'm not. I was scared when she didn't reopen her eyes, but then she woke up and.. we had discussed a few hours before the accident"

Andy: "Did you discuss why she appointed me as Captain instead of you?" Robert shook his head.

Robert: "No. You deserved that place and we both know that you would have deserved it a long time ago and it's my fault if it didn't happen in the past"

Andy: "No, it's not your fault" she replied, passing her hand on Robert's arm. "I was very angry with you, but I forgave you a long time ago" Robert nodded. "Do you want to tell me why you argued?"

Robert: "I told her how things really were between us. I don't love her the way she wants me to love her. If we didn't have an opportunity in the past, why would we have it now? There must have been a reason why she and I were never together and.." Robert sighed. "At first I thought things might be good between me and her, but it was just like living in the past and I never really felt in love with her. After Claire there was only one woman I fell in love with and.." he said looking into Andy's eyes.