Chapter 16: Taking Action Means More Than Words

(song - A Long Story, Shiki Tv unreleashed sountrack)

Chapter 16 - Taking Action Means More Than Words

Lilia

Watching Tiernam's and Karrisa's expressions as they saw the multiple-vampire household was entertaining to say the least. Of course, the Cullen's home was the most beautiful house in the area, so it wasn't like the other inhabitants in the town could compete. But what surprised them most was how many vampires were living within.

Carlisle was at the door as we walked normally up the drive, waiting for us patiently. I could tell he momentarily became confused when he saw the two others with us, but he quickly hid that before they noticed.

"It's good to see you in good health, Lilia." the doctor greeted me. He held the door propped open as Alice and Edward entered the household. The two turned Alps behind me stood nervously, not knowing what to do. " Who are your friends?" he asked, his eyes glacing between them and me.

If anyone else had asked me that, I might have replied with some sarcastic comment. I wouldn't do that to Carlisle. He was too friendly, too nice for me to tease him. It would be like child abuse if I made fun of him. So I replied with a simple tone.

"I think it's better that we do the introductions inside, with everyone gathered." I suggested to him. "That way, I don't have to repeat myself."

The doctor nodded in agreement and we moved into the house. Tiernam and Karrisa followed like lost kittens behind me, their heads scanning each room as we walked to the stairs. Up in the livingroom, their eyes grew even larger as they gazed upon in the entire coven. Everyone was assembled, including some odd faces that I didn't know.

"Alright," I raised my voice, speaking like a sports announcer. I knew it wasn't neccessary, but I did it for the fun of it. "This is Tiernam," I gestured with both arms at the guy to my left, "and Karissa." I jabbed a thumb in her direction without even looking at her. I was confident that she was frowning as I did so. "They're turned Alps. Don't ask me how it was done because I didn't do it." I got that out of their minds before they asked me more questions.

"Moving on," I hummed, turning so that I was inbetween the two groups and I could see everyone. "You guys have already met Alice and Edward," I confirmed, "However, you haven't met Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, Bella, Renesmee, Emmett, or Rosalie," I pointed at the respective owners of the names as I said them, "and creepy number one," I pointed at the blonde stranger, "and creepy number two," I pointed at his brown-haired partner.

The reason why I called them creepy was because of their smiles that never faltered from their lips. They were like children up to no good, and I didn't like that I was being kept out of the know. It was especially wierd that they kept those smiles on their faces even after I called them creepy number one and two. I began considering reasons to why they weren't going off on me. One of my theories was insanity. Although, I didn't take Carlisle to be the one to invite crazed vampires to his home, so I ruled that out right away. Unless they hadn't been invited by the coven leader. That was a completely different situation that I'd have to evaluate.

"Lilia," Carlisle's calm voice drew me out of my thoughts. "These are Vladmir and Stefan, our Romanian aquantinces."

"You speak too lightly of us!" The blonde one called Vladmir burst as the words left the doctor's lips. His voice was rich with the accent of his home country. "We are good pals, come here all the way to aid you in your quest."

"We are generous to come again at your call and you should consider us as such." The brown-haired one, Stefan, finished the first's sentance.

And if I thought things weren't wierd enough, I sighed to myself. Creepy number one and two spoke like twins. In the back of my mind, I was trying to figure out if they were brothers or lovers. Edward seemed to be thinking the same thing, because he looked at me with a smirk on his eyes and at the corners of his lips.