Chapter 4: First Day at Forks High School, Home of the Spartans

(song - SuperMassive Black Hole, Twilight soundtrack)

Chapter 4 - First Day of School at Forks High, Home of the Spartans.

As it turned out, I didn't have to worry about being taken to school by my talkative aunt or silent uncle. My relatives had a garage at the back of their property where they had been hiding the present that they got me. It was a brand new, scarlet yamaha motorcycle. At first I was concerned about accepting a brand new bike, but they insisted that it was mine to keep.

I'd gotten a bike licence because my father had been a fan of them when he was younger. He had wanted me to inherit the one that he kept locked up in a storage unit. My 'car' as I had been refering to it so far was that same motorcycle. I had needed to get a regular driver's licence first, but getting the bike licence was easier than I thought.

My old motorcyle had been old and clunky sometimes, but not once did it ever fail me. There had always been the threat though. I was incredibly psyched that my aunt and uncle had bought me a brand new one. It was complete with a matching helmet sitting on the seat for me in the driveway went I walked outside to climb in their car.

After thanking them about a billion times, I hopped on and put the hemet on my head. I found gloves with open fingers sitting on the handles, which I also put on and strapped the ends tightly closed. I waved them a single goodbye and started up the engine and twisted the handles.

I was only somewhat prepared for the jolt of energy that the bike gave me, but was able to control it after going down the road some.

####################################

I must have been a sight, pulling into Fork's High school parking lot.

I know that all eyes were on me as I got the kickstand out and removed my helmet. Today I had chosen to wear skinny jeans with a black T-shirt. Overtop, I had on a scarlet leather jacket that stopped under my bust and a brown belt that went around my waist. The buckle on it was an oval, and the jacket had fake gold buttons on it to button the top closed. Matching the scarlet jacket, was a pair of leather boots.

I had decided to wear my long white hair down today, but had had to put it in a pony tail and stuff it up in my helmet so my hair wouldn't get in the way. I think all the boys were watching me with googily eyes when I pulled the hairband out and shook my head side to side like a movie star. I made sure that the helmet was secured to the bike before walking up to the front doors to the building.

Riding with a brown leather side bag had been difficult, but I had managed. It bounced at my hip as I walked down the hall, searching for the counciler's office. I found it soon enough and entered while asking for my schedule. The woman at the desk had been expecting me and had it ready on the counter.

I picked it up and looked at my first class.

#####################################

It was like everyone had been holding their questions back to bombard me at lunch. I hadn't made any friends yet with any of them, because most of the girls had avoided me seeing as I had white hair. The only reason they approached me at lunch now, I presumed, was because of the few brave guys who had come up to me and asked if my hair was natural or dyed. I'd replied, natural of coarse.

One of the brave guys who I slightly taken a liking to, as a friend that is, was Seth Clearwater. He wasn't shy at all about walking up to me and already called me his friend, although I still wasn't sure about him myself. I could almost sense him coming down the hall after me during the breaks in classes. I learned that he and Jacob often hung out together. Maybe he would be able to tell me what was going on in his friend's mind.

The second that I made was a girl named Anna Myers. She considered herself somewhat popular and hung out with different groups of friends. Her hair was a golden blonde that had been carefully curled into swirls. She carried a bottle of pink lip gloss and applied it often. Her friend that had came with her was nice too. Michelle Anderson, or Mickie as most people called her, became my third friend. She didn't care how her hair looked in the morning, she just came as she was to school. I loved her carefree attitude.

Dan Price was a friend of Seth Clearwater's who he introduced to me latter in the day. He came to school on his skateboard and carried it around with him where ever he went in town. His hair was a messy dark brown and his eyes were a calm grey. Dan rarely went home to his own house and often stayed at other friend's places for the night.

The last close friend that I made was a guy by the name Jackson Hall. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. A black string necklace always hung around his neck with a single silver wing. Jackson was in a band and played the drums. He had shown me to one of my afternoon classes when Seth had been no where to be found.

The other people who I met and hung around were just friends of friends. Either of Seth's or Anna's. Jackson didn't seem to have too many friends outside his band and technically Mickie was Anna's friend.

My first day of school went as well as any first day at a new school went. Seth caught up with me when the final bell rang and I was walking out of the building. Unfortunately, his sister was waiting for him in a car parked in the lot.

"We should hang out some time!" He called to me as he jogged over to the car.

"Sure!" I agreed and headed in the opposite dirrection from him to go to my bike.

Several school days later I started to blend in partially (It's kind of hard to ignore a girl with white hair when she passes you by). During lunch period I took to sitting at one of the tables near the large glass windows. Seth didn't care where I sat and often invited his pals over to sit with me. Anna and Mickie joined the group with all their friends later, so the table became an equal blend of each gender. Jackson only occasionally sat with us and none of his band members ever came over to sit.

So I had a somewhat normal life.