Chapter 6: Be Afraid

(song - The Butler, Black Butler soundtrack)

Chapter 6 - Be Afraid

Lilia

Letting the two newbies watched me feed had been.....akward. Using my mind ability trick, also called compulsion, was easy for me. For Tiernam and Karissa, they couldn't even grasp the concept. It was like I had been born knowing what to do. 

Although, it had taken me a long time before I fed off my first human too. Carlisle had freaked out---which was something a person didn't get to see often---when he heard I had bitten a person. Edward and Emmett had been forced to watch them closely. In the end, it turned out nothing happened when I bit them. The doctor hadn't been convinced until my third to fourth person turned out the same way.

Now I sat in the bedroom, laying on the bed with two pints of blood in my stomach. Karissa hadn't been able to feed, but she had gotten close to it. Blood didn't bother her since she had been a nurse, however she hadn't been able to bring herself to do it. Tiernam on the other hand, kept refusing to even think about feeding off another being. He was like me when I had first learned what I was.

At the moment, both newborn alps were doing whatever they wanted in the hotel room. Karissa sat next to the window and stared out into the city, most likely wondering what she was going to do next. Tiernam stood in the bathroom with the door open, looking at himself in the mirror. He was staring at his fangs while testing them with his thumb to make sure they was real.

"Stop doing that." I told him without looking at him.

Tiernam stuck his head out from the bathroom."Why?" He asked.

"You'll hurt yourself. They're not fake." I answered.

He stepped out of the bathroom fully, turned off the light, and then proceeded to sit down in one of the hotel chairs. The guy managed to keep quiet for a few minutes, then couldn't stand the silence anymore."What are we going to do?" 

I shrugged."I don't know. With you two....untrained, it's hard to do anything without putting both of you in danger."

Karissa swung around in her seat. "What do you mean "untrained"?" she asked with a unamused tone.

"Well, I was fortunate to be picked up by a bunch of friendly Vampires. A couple of them taught me how to defend myself." I admitted.

"Wait, Vampires are real too?" she asked stupidly.

I sighed again."After all my mentioning that we weren't vampires, that kind of gave the idea away that there are." I answered.

She shut up imediately and looked embarressed that she had asked such a stupid question. Tiernam remained silent as well and kept to himself. I went back to what I had been trying to do earlier---fall asleep.

Aro

"Sire, there have been reports in the New World." one of the many messengers in the palace informed me.

My gaze was torn from the large windows on the far wall to the lowly human who had addressed me."Did I tell you, you could speak?" I asked him, my words laced with poison.

"No....." He mutttered, shaking in his boots. The stench of fear was flooding the room and the source was his pores.

I sighed, not feeling up to torturing today and decided to let him slip this once."Tell me the news." I asked in a mellow tone.

The man was taken aback, but he quickly got himself together seeing that he was getting a second chance. One that rarely anyone got around me."There have been slaughters of vampires along the West coast. Male, female, old, young, rich, or poor---there isn't a trend at all." the messenger trembled."What does this mean, master?" he asked too boldly.

I narrowed my eyes at him."Since when did you get the authority to ask me questions?" I inquired. I could feel the fear building back up in him again, but all it made me do was yawn."I suppose this means fights have broken out among the Covens?" I presumed tiredly.

"No, uh, sir." The man quivered. I only looked at him for speaking without my permission."They, uh, were killed by a band of unknown people."

Realization welded up in my chest. The letter, it had all been in the letter, but I hadn't believed a single word of it.

"Get a notice out to all the covens." I spoke rapidly, not wanting to waste any time.

"What should I have them say?" The messenger asked in alarm, but not for the same reason. My anxiousness had frightened him even more.

"That they are to gather in Volterra, Italy in as soon as one month." I told him.

He nodded and quickly set off to fulfill my offer. I prayed that he sent the letters out quickly enough. I had been a fool to simply ignore Severn's threat and now he was coming after me. I hadn't believed that I'd see the day the Alps would rise again to take back their throne. 

They had a good leader, I admitted, but one that sent fear through my heart as much as I did to my human servants. He was a tyrant, not a king or a peacekeeper. The world would be thrown into chaos. Vampires, Alps, Werewolves, and Shapeshifters alike would be put on display for all humans to see if I didn't stop him. 

The vampires still had the greater numbers, but not the unity as they once did. In my pursuit of power, I had forgotten about my old enemy and now he was coming back to haunt me. It was all my fault that the vampiric world was falling apart before me.

"Aro, is something wrong?" Marcus asked, his voice holding the same dis-interest that he found in everything.

"No, nothing." I lied, but also told the truth. If we lost, there would be nothing wrong. We'd all be dead.

Deus

Slap!!!!!

"Next time Deus, learn to control your men better." Severn commented distastefully before pulling his glove back over his hand. He walked away without saying another world and left the room.

I held my head off to the side, where it had stopped after the intitial impact. A red burning was breaking out on the right side of my face. The club incident hadn't been intential. After murding a coven of vampires, one of the groups had decided to take a detour on the way home. It was this mistake that they had made that had gotten me in trouble. I had dreaded the summonings to Severn's American office all morning the entire time. 

And now I stood with my head jerked to one side, embarressed and ashamed of myself. Fury built up inside me as I thought of Lilia. I could just see Severn taking her in for his new assistant and me being thrown away like moldy bread. There was no way I was going to let that happen.

I stood up straight, twisting my head to face forward again. I felt the spot tenderly with my fingers before letting my hand fall to my side. Holding my head up and not showing any weakness, I marched out of the office proudly. The other Alps under Severn snickered as I walked passed. The own Alp Lord's first in command, punished and put on display for all to see. This is what Severn had done in mind when he'd slapped me. 

I walked down the hall and towards the lower-ranked rooms. It wouldn't just do. I wasn't going to be the only one embarressed here. The three knight-level Alps would pay for what they'd done. I would punish them like Severn did to me, and then all of their kind would know not to mess with Deus, an Alp of Noble status.