Chapter 22: Here's Johnny

(song - Danse Macabre, Black Bulter soundtrack)

Chapter 22 - Here's Johnny!

Lilia

"Ah, dag nambbit." I shouted out of the blue as we flitted towards Forks.

"What?" Tiernam asked, suddenly alarmed. I hadn't spoke since we'd left Severn's old mansion.

"I just realized that we're going North again to Washington, which means to meet Wulf back at the mansion, we'll have to go back South. I'm sick and tired of going back and forth, back and forth. It's like I'm on a ship in the middle of a hurricane!"

Tiernam stayed quiet for a moment, then said three words."You said we." 

"No I didn't." I scoffed, even though I knew I had.

"Yes you did." He insisted.

"Listen," I halted the conversation. "I hate lover quarrels. It starts with them arguing and denying that they like each other. They go back and forth like that darn boat and end up with both people making out." I ended disgustedly.

"So, in short your arguing about us not arguing about how neither one of us wants to admit they like one another?" Tiernam summarized.

I just looked at him. "Don't expect me to jump into your arms anytime soon, buddy."

Tiernam smiled like he knew a secret that I didn't and looked forward. "Wasn't planning on it."

"Good." I replied, satisfied with his answer.

Peter and Charlottle chuckled behind us, but only Peter spoke. "You two are such a cute couple....." he began.

"If you don't want your arm coming off again," I warned, "I'd shut your trap."

I must have been pretty intimidating, because Peter didn't utter another word about Tiernam's and my relationship. No one else said anything either in fear of what would happen to them if they did. I was glad to have a moment of silence, but someone always had to ruin it for me.

"Just out of curiosity..." Tiernam spoke slowly as if he was walking on a tight rope with no net to catch him. "Does this mean we're together?" he asked me.

I made him wait for the answer, mainly for amusement he gave me to see his face contort into different emotions. He shot me a desperate look that he really wanted to know an answer.

"I'm thinking." I told him.

"Thinking?" Tiernam echoed. "Do I get an exact answer?" He asked, the slightest bit harsh.

"If you live." I shrugged.

"If I live? Why wouldn't I live? What are you talking about?" He threw the questions at me back to back.