Chapter 1: Black Cat

(song - Sins, Casshern Sins soundtrack)

Chapter 1 - Black Cat

Several years later....

A small, lithe figure slipped into the building unnoticed behind a group of tourists. The cat padded down the hall, staying close to the wall and shadows. It walked carefully passed the guards into the more secure part of the italian mansion.

#############################

The Volturi sat on their thrones. Aro waved the group of vampires he had summoned away. They gladly went back through the double doors. He called for the next group to be sent in. When nothing happened after two minutes, he grew slightly fustrated. He called for them again. Before he could finish his sentance, a small black cat strolled into the room.

Aro grew puzzled why such a creature would show up here, then he noticed its ruby red eyes. This was deffinately not a normal cat. The feline sat staring at him from the center of the room, its tail swishing back and forth as if in amusement. The Volturi leader's eyes wandered down to its paws, where the claws were glistening with the crimsion of blood. He realized instantly what had happened to his guards and for the second time in his reborn life he felt afraid. 

"What do you want?" Aro ordered the monstrocity, trying to sound more intimidating than frightened.

The cat continued to stare back at him in its redish eyes, but its paw moved slightly forward. Where there had been no letter before, there sat a perfectly white enevlope with a red stamped ink emblem upon it. The symbol was that of a cresent moon. Without a word, the cat backtracked through the doors and left the room.

Aro looked at the letter as if it was poison on his polished marble floor.

###########################

Lilia

...A strange increase of murders within the last couple months. What do you think about this, .....?

"Somethings happening." Carlisle noted from behind me. 

I hadn't even heard him approach me from the couch. I'd been too absorbed in the tv report."They're saying that most of the victums were drained of their blood before they died." I told him even though he probably could hear the flatscreen from miles away.

He shook his head."The Volturi won't like this."

I shrugged. It wouldn't be our problem when they finally came to take care of the rouge vampires. Aro would likely try to avoid the NorthWestern corner of the states as much as possible because of me. All the chaos was happening South of us, in California.

"What to you think it is?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"The rouges are probably Newborns getting the first jolt of their new life. Whoever created them didn't teach them the rules." The doctor replied, then sighed."That person will also be killed to for setting out such a danger on the world."

Esme, who constantly had her arms wrapped around her husband, looked sad about the news. In fact, many of the Cullen family were around me. Carlisle had been the only one to speak during the silence that had fell upon us. The actual news report had been predicted by Alice, so we had gathered around the tv to see her vision come true.

Well, everyone was in the livingroom except Emmett who decided to burst in through the front door with today's mail. 

"We got a letter from Bella's mom." He said, pulling it from the pile and handing it to its owner."Bills." which muscles imediately gave to Carlisle."Rosalies's fashion magazines aaannnnnddd." He stretched out the last word as he looked at the last piece of mail underneath his sports magazine."A letter addressed to Lilia?" Emmett said confused.

He handed it over to me anyways. The envelope was pure white, with a red ink stamp on it. My name had been written in red cursive on the front of it.

"It doesn't look to be one of the Volturi's." Carlisle turned around to face his son. I didn't know that he knew what their invitations look like.

"What are you waiting for? Open it!" Emmett cried at me, excited to see whatever was inside.

I slid my finger underneath the flap of the envelope, swipping it sideways to undo the seal. It came off easily enough in one piece. The paper inside was also pure white and crisp. I proceded to take it out and read it because if I didn't, muscles would get on me for it.

The order of the Cresent Moon would like to extend a hand towards Lilian Lynnet Reed, otherwise known as Zalenia Lilium Cullen or Lilia, in alligence. For further information, please place your answer inside the envelope and return it to a mailbox.

Sincerely, the Black Cat.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Emmet frowned.

"It means something bigger than the current murders are happening South of us." Carlisle replied.

I reread the letter silently to myself for a second time before looking up at them."How should I respond?" I asked.

"I don't know..."The doctor said truthfully to me."But I suppose what you write in response could trigger positive or negitive feelings between your mystery writer."

Great..."Do you have any advise, Alice?" I turned towards my friend.

She already had her hands to her temples, trying to look into the future."Everything's fuzzy." the pixie haired girl said after a few minutes.

I remembered when she'd said that the last time. When she had tried to find me, who they thought was a newborn in Forks, with her visions. I'd appeared fuzzy to her in them. That could only mean one thing.

"Whoever sent this is like me." I figured it out before the others could.

"That's possible." Carlisle replied, but it didn't sound like he believed it yet. By now, I was used to his considering-of-all-possibilities-before-settling-on-one habit.

The second piece of paper within the white envelope was blank, as if it had been left for me to write my reply on."Anybody got a pen?" I asked.

"You're not seriously going to write back to them, are you?" Rosalie said, giving me an eyebrow raise.

"What else am I going to do?" I retorted, my hands on either side of me like balance scales. The letter rested in my right hand.

I broke into the couch stand drawer and pulled out a black inked pen. I took the letter, blank piece of paper, and pen over to the kitchen table and sat down. At once I began writing.

Thank you for offering, but I prefer to contact others by face to face meetings. Until I know the full details about you little organization, you can count me out.

Sincerely, Zalenia

P.S. Which is the name you should refer to me by since your a complete stranger to me.

"There." I said, looking back and admiring my work.

Emmett laughed when he saw what I'd written while the others just stared.

"What?" I questioned them.

"If your aiming to make your pen-pal mad, I think you'll succeed." Rosalie commented sarcastically, crossing her arms on her chest.

"Maybe..." Edward, ops I mean, Edwardo began to suggest.

"Perfect." I beamed and folded the letter up before he could say anymore. 

I slid it back into the envelope and pressed the seal back into place. When it held, I began walking towards the front door. No one stopped me as I went out and placed it in the mailbox, then returned to the house.