Chapter 21: New Reign

(song - Hollow Men, Highschool of the Dead Ending 11)

Chapter 21 - New Reign 

Lilia 

"Now that that's done," I sighed looking at the still body of Severn, "What do we do next?" I asked Vladmir and Stefan who seemed to know everything about their old master.  

"We return this to you." The blonde replied, gently taking the stake from Tiernam's hands.  

He handed it over to Stefan who exchanged the box with him. His partner bended down and used Severn's jacket to wipe the blood off before standing up and handing it back to Vladmir. Vladmir put the stake back into the box, into a grove that was shaped perfectly for the silver object. He held it out to me. 

I took it in my hands and turned the small, dark wooded contraption over a couple of times. Strange markings that I couldn't make out was on the surface, but that wasn't what was on my mind. "If this stake kills any Alp you plunge it into, why didn't Severn have it on him when he was fighting with me?" I asked to whoever had the answer. 

"You made him mad enough that he didn't think clearly." Vladmir decided to reply. "That, in itself, is an accomplishment that I applaud you for. The Volturi might be a nuisance, but Severn was a slave master that knew no bounds." 

A few seconds after he had spoke to me, Peter and Charlotte decided to join us. Their opponet was laying in the floor in the heap, limbs twisted in the wrong directions, but alive. He was currently trying to pull himself back together, small snaps and clicks as he set to work on his arms first. 

"I suppose we wrapped everything up?" Peter asked as he came to a halt at the edge of the ring. 

"Everything here, at least." Stefan frowned. "We still have the vampi......" he faded out as he heard my giggles. "Lilia, why are you laughing?" he got the courage to ask. 

"I can't take him seriously." I said between a laugh. 

"Who?" Stefan asked, sounding impatient this time around. 

"Peter." I told him, pointing towards Charlotte's partner, "He forgot to re-attatch his arm." 

Peter looked down at his empty socket, realizing that I was telling the truth. He looked over his shoulder to go retrieve his missing arm, but Charlotte had been holding onto it the entire time. She handed it over to him and I watched as he took it, brought it up to the place it had broken off of, and mend itself back into place. It was like watching the porcelain of a china doll break in reverse. When the healing process was finished, you couldn't even tell that it had ever broken off. Peter gave his arm and fingers a couple of flexes to make sure that everything had come back together properly. He let the arm hang by his side when he was satisfied with the results. 

"You were saying?" Peter cued Stefan. 

"Our vampire monarchy, the Volturi, are still headed this way," he continued as if nothing had happened. "They still think the Alps are up for a fight and they also plan on putting the Cullen household in the middle of it so they can grab Edward and Alice." 

"So, what can we do to avoid the battle?" Tiernam asked the brothers. 

"Cut them off before they reach Forks." Vladmir replied. "It's the only thing we can do now. If we had raided Severn's home earlier, we could have stopped the war all together, but because of the time issue, we don't have a choice." 

"No." I said sternly to the old Romanian vampire. "You're only saying that because you want me to take control of the Alp army and destroy the Volturi." I saw through his words.