Chapter 5: The Bonfire

(song - Crimsion, Shiki Tv Rouge soundtrack)

Chapter 5 - The Bonfire

During the second week of school on a Wednesday, Seth suggested that we should all get together on the weekend and go to First Beach. It took him a while to convince me into going. First of all, I didn't know how to swim or surf for that matter. He told me I could hang out on the beach with those who didn't want to go into the water. He also told me that more people other than our group was going to be there. I finally agreed in the end, not wanting to be stuck in my aunt and uncle's boring house that was empty for most of the day.

It was decided that we would all get together on Saturday, that way we could hang out all day there and have a campfire at night. Thursday and Friday slipped by me easily enough and the Saturday morning was an early one for me.

"Lilia, your friends are here!" My aunt called up the stairs.

I hadn't even gotten out of bed. Why did they have to come and pick me up so early? I was desperate to get out though, so I jumped out of bed and put on the first pair of jeans that I could find. I pulled a white long sleeved shirt on next, followed by a grey long sleeved Tee. I assumed that being down by water was even colder than walking between buildings at school, and wanted to have layers on to stay warm.

The long sleeved Tee was my favorite, because it had butterflies going up the left side of the shirt. I quickly braided my hair in a single braid down my back and ran down the stairs to catch my friends. I was a bit disappointed when I dashed out to the car and it was completely full.

"Sorry about there being no room Lilia, but you can take your bike and follow us down." Seth said, leaning over the person by the window in the back seat. He was sitting in the middle.

"Okay, let me grab a jacket then." I replied.

Rushing back in the house and grabbing a dark purplish black jacket that was made out of leather, I ran to the garage at the back of the property and pulled out my motorcycle. I hopped on and followed them down the road.

We were joined by another vechicle, who passed both me and the car Seth was in. They honked and hooted out the windows. The passengers were other boys from La push and their girlfriends if they had any. Although it was dangerous to pass two cars at once, the trafic in forks can only be compared to a ghost town. Only a few cars traveled these back town roads.

Feeling braver and wanting to show off my spunk, I waited until we were on a straight stretch in the road. Then I passed the car in front of me and fit snuggly between it and the van of hollering Quileute boys who cheered me on. Their van sped up to give me more room so that everyone was traveling twenty feet from one another. Plenty of breathing room.

When we finally arrived at the beach, a total of two cars, a van, and my motorcycle were parked in the lot. Later in the day the number would climb, but for now it was only us early birds out here. The car which had already been parked and waiting for us belonged to Anna and Mickie who, according to their faces, looked like they had been waiting a long time. They greeted us like nothing was wrong, not wanting to spoil the day for everyone.

The guys from La Push were already out of their van and either out to surf or jump from the cliffs above. Already a few of them were climbing the slope to get to the top. The rest of us who weren't going in the water sat in our cars with the doors open, talking to one another and watching the boys.

The thing I was most intrested in, was the dare devils that were launching themselves off the cliff and into the chilly waters bellow.

"What's with them?" I asked Anna and Mickie.