Chapter 11: Surprise Guests

(song - Daily Life, Naruto soundtrack)

Chapter 11 - Surprise Guests

Lilia

"Alice..." I muttered, not expecting to find her on the second floor. "and Edwardo too. What a surprise." not really, I thought to myself. "What brings you guys here?" I asked, trying to sound happy to see them.

"Oh, the house was beginning to get stuffy. I thought I'd just take a small trip down here to get you settled in." Alice said in a very not-Alice tone. It still sounded playful like always, but something was off about it. "Sooooo," She drew the word out with a grin. "Who's the guy downstairs?" She asked with the look of mischief in her eyes.

I sighed at her teasingly. "I can't believe you Alice." I shook my head. "Coming down here just to cheat on Jasper....."

"I would never!" pixie hair burst out, appalled by what I had suggested. Then she became angry. "All I wanted to know was who the charming young man in the kitchen was!"

"Sure you did." I grinned.

"Alice, she's just messing with you." Edward broke up our conversation.

Pixie hair huffed and did one of those calming down breathing excersizes to get her back to her usual peppy self. 

In the mean time, I resorted to talking to Edwardo. "I understand why she's here," I jabbed a thumb in Alice's direction. " but why are you of all people here?"

"You thought that Jasper would have been the one to accompany her." He jumped to ahead in my thoughts.

"I hate it when you do that!" I whinned.

He only smirked at me and said, "I know." on purpose.

"He came," Alice joined back in after calming herself down, "because I predicted that it would be best to bring Edward. I tried looking into the future to see why you'd need two extra bedrooms and met more static, which could only mean more Alps. And we all know that Jasper's head can only stand so much emotional chaos." she explained. "Speaking of the other Alps, did they come to help you stop that Severn man?" She asked.

"Unfortunately, no." Edward got ahead of himself and spoke first.

I whinned again before yelling at him. "Let me tell her!" 

"We're wasting time taking things the long way. I'd thought I'd help speed things up." He almost snapped at me, but his same dreary tone managed to hold up.

"No." I told Alice sternly with a angry glance at Edwardo. "They didn't come to help. It's actually the other away around. They were in need of my help because they were turned by some of Deus's men."

"Oh no!" Pixie cried out in horror for the two. "How have they been taking it?"

"Well," I sighed, thinking of how things had played out so far. "Tiernam seems to have accepted that he's not human anymore, but doesn't like it when I brush upon "sensative" topics. Karissa however, is completely set on defying me in every way possible."

"What do you mean by "sensative" topics?" Edward asked me.

I scowled at him. "I thought you taking information straight out of my skull." I growled.

He waved the white flag. "I didn't want to make you angrier than you already are, so I figured that I'd ask you out loud." he tried to sound not guilty.

I took a deep breath and let it out before answering his question. "Vampires, Alps, blood, anything particularly specific." I told him. "And can we move downstairs? I don't like standing for hours on end like you people." I inturrupted Edward before he could ask me something else.

"Okay, let's go to the second living room." Alice complied and suggested a new location.

I turned around and went back down the steps when I was met by Tiernam. He'd just walked out of the kitchen and halted when he saw the two vampires behind me.

"Who are they?" He accused me.

"Relax, they're my vampire friends." I reacted quickly before he could jump to conclusions."Alice and Edward." I gestured to each one.

"Nice to meet you.....I guess." Tiernam muttered.

"I would hope so!" pixie hair said. "I've been waiting a while to meet you." she smiled and held a hand out.

The newly blooded Alp guy stared instead of shaked it.

"Uh, Alice?" I called her name to get her attetion.

"Yeah?" She lowered her hand and looked at me.

"One word, " I murmured softly, cauisng her to listen even more closely. "Livingroom."

"Oh." She mouthed.

After that, we imediately moved to the living room to talk more. Tiernam trailed behind Edward, not really sure what to do with himself. As soon as we found it, I plopped down in a comfortable looking chair and leaned back to bring the foot rest out. Alice sat indian style in another chair of the same style, except it was harder because she didn't sink into the fabric. Edward and his shadow sat down on the only couch in the room.

"I expect that nothing has been going "fine" on your end." I talked seriously, my gaze flickering over to Alice who lowered her eyes when mine met hers.

"Yes, well, your thoughts are correct." Edward answered for her. "The Volturi have sent out a summonings to all vampires that require us to make a voyage to Volterra, Italy in order to raise an army against our newfound enemy: Alps."

"I guess they've gotten tired of the bar murders?" I sighed, thinking I had it all thought out.

"No." Edward said, which was a bit shocking to me. "An Alp army has formed and they've already sent a declaration of war upon the vampires."

"Army? I guess that's Severn's doing." I added information. "No wonder he's been attacking bars. It's all in an effort to raise numbers, no doubt." 

"That's a possibility." Alice said softly, but offered another answer. "Or it's been to feed his army. I imagine it would take a lot of bodies to satisfy as many soldiers as he's got."

"So in other words, both of you are telling me to hurry up and figure a way out to prevent this whole thing." I summarized.

"In a wrap, yes." Edward replied.

I frowned. "I don't know if I can be of much influence." I admitted.

"You must be!" Alice spoke up quite suddenly, then settled back down. "I mean, if this Severn has been worried about you enough to send his men after you, then you must be important enough to fuss over."

"I guess so..." I sighed. "But what like Karissa pointed out to me before you guys came, I don't have a plan." 

Edward raised an eyebrow at me."And?" he scoffed. "That hasn't stopped you before."

"Thank you!" I shouted. "Someone's finally on my side."

He only raised his eyebrow higher.......if that's even possible.

"In any other news," Alice inturrupted. "I prepared all five rooms and the house is full of grocieries. You can at least stay here while you try and think of something."

"Five?" I echoed, catching the odd word in her sentance.

"Yes, um....Edward and I decided to stay and help you out the best we can." She confessed.

I opened my mouth, closed it, opened it again, and then closed it once more before I decided on what I was going to say. "Okay then."

Alice blinked."Okay then?" she repeated.

"Okay then." I confirmed.

"Well, that was certainly easier than I thought it would be." Edward released the tension in the room.