fifty eight

FOUR DAYS LATER (THURSDAY)
LEONS POV.

I'm irritated.

As much as I don't like the shit ton of work I have to do, I don't like people fucking with my work even more.

Grabbing the door handle, I inhaled deeply before pushing my way through, my presence going unnoticed by my sperm donor. How? I don't know.

Merely glancing around the office, I rolled my eyes at the sight of Alexei casually sitting at his desk, eyes glued to his phone screen.

Of course he's not doing shit.

Either he didn't care or he wasn't aware of my presence since he only acknowledged me when I placed my laptop on the desk.

Looking up, Alexei raised a brow when he met my stare.

"Why is half my work missing?"

He rolled his eyes, "What are you talking about Leonid."

"I'm talking my about this." I gestured you my computer screen. "All information regarding the Italians are miraculously gone from my computer. Where'd they go?"

Alexei let out a chuckle and leaned back in his desk chair. Yeah yeah, laugh it up dickhead.

"I sent all information regarding the Italian Princess  and everything involved to Maddox, he's in charge of what's going on over there for now."

Why the fuck is Hendrix getting work when he's irrelevant? My work, on top of that.

"Hendrix is only an associate, why is he allowed access to that information?"

Alexei's expression hardened before he stood up and walked around his desk, stopping in front of me. "I know exactly who is to be trusted with certain information and you are in no power to question me about such things."

I never mentioned that Maddox can't be trusted, even if it is true.

Is he trying to saying that I'm not trustworthy with that information?

Now wanting to be away from him, I broke eye contact with Alexei and grabbed my laptop, making my way out of the large office.

Before I could walk out the door, he gripped my arm and pulled me back a few steps.

"What?" I forced out, receiving a hard smack in return. Feeling the familiar pain-filled tingle in my cheek, I kept my mouth shut and tightened my fist.

Don't hit him back, don't hit him back, don't hit him back—

"Don't take that tone with me Leonid. I may have let it slide for the past couple weeks but watch yourself." Alexei looked me up and down before letting go and walking back to his desk, pouring himself a shot of vodka.

"Your mother wants to spend time with you, she's the living room."

She wants to spend time with me? Really?

Refraining myself from asking why, I turned around and left the office, stopping for a moment when I heard his shout from down the hall.