sixty five

ATHENAS POV.

Comfortably sprawled under the warm blanket, I nearly screamed in irritation once it was tugged off of me. Squinting an eye open I saw Gio standing in front of me with a ghost of a smile, the large comforter spilling over his hands and arms.

I blinked a few times before glaring at him.

This bitch took my blanket.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, groaning loudly as I continued to lay still. After a minute I was nearly back asleep until something was thrown on me. Clothes.

I blindly reached around myself until I found the clothing and threw it down to my feet. Flipping onto my stomach, I blocked out Eli's whispering voice and tried to take another nap. Well, that was until he noticed and started to smack my arm.

Sighing into the pillow, I sat up and huffed at him. "How can I help you Elias?"

In response to his full name he placed his palm over my face and pushed my head back. What the hell?

"Get up and get ready, we're going out for dinner."

"No."

Giovanni dropped the blanket on the floor, "No?"

"No. I'm tired and I want to sleep."

"Translation: you're tired and you want to avoid human interaction, especially with the people you've been ignoring for the past couple days."

I flipped back over onto my stomach, muttering a quiet 'maybe' into the pillow.

For a second I actually thought they would leave me alone but then I was grabbed by both arms and forcefully dragged out of bed.

Giovanni ignored my squirms and screams of protests as he dropped me into the bathroom and placed the outfit onto the counter next to me. Then he walked out, pulling the door shut behind him.

"You have 25 minutes, Thena."

Rolling my eyes, I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. Tangled hair, dark circles, and a miserable expression. My default look at this point.

I turned on the tap and rinsed my face before my given time limit finally clicked in my head. Then I started to rummage around the bathroom in search of a hairbrush.

Shit. 25 minutes is not enough time.

Nearly out of breath, I hooked the last button of my shirt and messed with my hair a bit, taking a step back to see my full reflection in the mirror.

I'm sure I look decent but then again I had blindly dressed in an outfit I've never seen until now: A simple blue satin blouse and a pair of black trousers, which happened to be way more comfortable than I originally thought.

Simple but presentable— good enough.

Smoothing out the few wrinkles in my shirt, I pushed my hair behind my shoulders and pulled the rose pendant out from under my collar, fixing the chain and letting it rest on my neck once straightened out.

Considering the 25 minutes I was given, I actually don't look bad.

I ran a hand through my hair and pushed it back over my shoulders, leaving Killian's tattoo exposed. I paused before raising my hand, using the tip of my finger to trace along the ink.