fifty five

*picking up from Leons POV at the beginning of chap 54* (the day Athena killed Kai)

- even though y'all are aware, MY WATTPAD IS GLITCHING >:( I apologize beforehand for any misspellings, weird spacing, etc etc!!

LEONS POV.

I could hear muffled voices and laughter from inside the room.

Great. They're all fucking here.

Departing with a short head nod, the maid turned on her heel and walked down the hall. Leaving me alone in front of the door.

Taking a sharp breath, I finally grabbed the knob and turned it, pushing the door forward as I walked in.

Here we go.

The sound of laughter seized as I walked in.

A group of around 20 men sat around the glass conference table, all with drinks- of what I can assume to be alcohol- in their hands, my sperm donor sat proudly at the head.

Merely glancing over each of them, I eventually met Alexei's threatening stare.

He gave me a pointed look that basically said 'do anything wrong in front of these men and see what happens'.

Translation: 'right now, you're not my son.'

Truthfully, the only people who know that Alexei Kamenev has a son was himself, my mother, their home staff, and his closest men.

Other than that, I don't even exist.

Why? I don't know, the last time I asked I received a slap to the face.

I was 13.

Straightening my posture, I nodded respectfully to the men then looked to Alexei after lifting my head.

"Alexei."

"Leon." He stood from his seat and walked over, holding a hand out to me.

as if I were a business associate.

Disregarding my thoughts, I put my hand in his and gave it a firm shake, he pulled me forward slightly and gave me a strong pat on the back.

"«Не думай, что тебе сойдет с рук этот маленький трюк, - сообщил мне Мэддокс, что ты подружился с принцессой и ее друзьями». Мы поговорим позже." (Don't think you'll be getting away with the little stunt you pulled, Maddox informed me of you befriending the princess and her friends. Well be having a conversation later) He whispered out of everyone's earshot.

Fucking Hendrix. I should've slit his throat when I had the chance.

My jaw tightened in irritation.

Any 'conversation' with Alexei Kamenev either ends with me: passed out on the floor, bruised, or -my personal favorite- being verbally abused for hours on end.

Doesn't it just sound amazing?

I gave him a firm nod and stepped back, Alexei had turned around and gestured to me.

"Men meet Leon Kane. The main reason why this whole plan is succeeding in the first place." He made his way to the head of the table and said back down, gesturing for me to sit in the vacant seat next to him.

As much as it feels good to revive credit from Mr. Ego himself, I was debating walking out this room with nothing but the middle finger pointed in his direction.

But of course, I can't do that.

So instead, I took forced steps over to the empty chair and sat down, facing the surrounding men with a blank expression.

I hate it here.

"Perfect. Tomorrow, phase three will be executed and the fall of the Ferrari's will follow." Alexei said with pride, raising his shot of vodka.

"Nicolo Ferrari's soft spot will always be his children, that will be the end of him." Another man spoke, downing his own drink.

Everyone nodded in agreement while I downed my seventh shot. Alexei doesn't care, if anything these men will think I'm agreeing with them.

The only downside is that I can't get black out drunk tonight.

Placing the glass down on the table, I stood from the seat and went to stride my way out.

I was a foot away from the door before, "Leon."

I exhaled before turning around, "Yes?"

"Where are you going kid?" Another man slurred, leaning on my Dads underboss as he did so.

"I'm jet lagged... I should head home before I pass out in a chair." I attempted to chuckle in what would seem to be an amused way, Alexei stared at me skeptically for a moment before nodding his head.

Of course I wasn't getting out of this room without his permission. Spinning on my heel I continued my way out of the room and stealthily down the hall to my bedroom.

Stepping into the grand dark grey and green themed room, I didn't waste a second before pulling my shirt off and throwing myself onto the large bed, quickly falling into my personal paradise otherwise known as sleep.

I woke up with the sun in my eyes.

Who the hell opened my curtains?

Grumbling under my breath, I sat up from my bed and walked over to the windows. Grabbing the curtains and forcefully pulling them shut, I trudged my way back to my disheveled bedsheets and threw myself down on it.

After few failed attempts to fall back asleep, I sat up and stretched in annoyance.

Fucking bullshit.

Cracking my neck before standing up, I walked over to my en-suite and closed the door behind me. Stripping my clothes, I slid open the glass doors and stepped into the shower; letting the cool water run over my head and down my tense muscles.

I stepped out of the steam filled bathroom with a towel hanging loosely around my waist.

Walking across my carpeted floor into my closet, I quickly dressed into sweats and a hoodie.

I don't have to get dressed up when I'm staying in my room all day.

Grabbing my laptop from my suitcase, I sat back down on my bed and reached over to my nightstand; pulling a pack of cigarettes from the drawer and plucking one out, placing it between my teeth.

Picking up my lighter, I lit the death stick with one hand while my other typed in the password to my computer.

I don't smoke much but now that I'm back after two weeks- I'm gonna fucking need it.

My screen lit up with several tabs already open: some contained emails, others contained transport layouts, yada yada. No-matter-what it was, it had to get done and sadly I had to do it all.

Silence surrounded me. The only noise that could be heard was my quiet typing on the keyboard.

Blowing out a cloud of smoke, I stopped typing and watched as it hung in the air until it eventually faded.

Sighing, I began to type again.

Home sweet home I guess.

-
this chapter was short but I hope you all enjoyed it!!

see you next chapter
- aaj