Bright Moon

Adora's POV
______________

"HURRRY UP MERMISTA!" Adora called, swinging the locker room open with excessive force.
"THE GAMES ABOUT TO BEGIN SO STOP MOPING ABOUT SEA HAWK EMBARRASSING YOU WITH A SHANTY AND GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE! MR KNOX LET ME PLAY SO YOURE ALL SAVED!"

"Ugh!" Mermista groaned and threw on her basketball jersey, trying to finish changing as quick as possible.

"Please tell me Sea Hawk isn't here" she mumbled to Adora.

Adora stood in the doorway, arms on her waist, showing leadership and authority. "We both know he is, painted with your jersey number. Get ready for more shanty cheers, now come on!"

Mermista threw her clothes in the locker and ran to catch up with Adora. Together, they booked it for the gymnasium, hearing the announcer welcoming everyone to the Bright Moon Rebels home game.

Adora slid on the bench with Mermista next to Scorpia and Perfuma.

The freshman Frosta was turned around ranting to Glimmer how she was going to destroy the Horde Frights

"Announcing the home team, Captain of the Rebels, our very own She-ra! Number 13... ADORA!!!"

The stands echoed with cheering, clapping and stomping. Adora jogged o the centerline, listening to the very loud calls of Glimmer and Bow.

"GO ADORA!!! WE LOVE YOU!!" Bow shrieked, his voice cracking. Adora rolled her eyes.

"Co-captain of the Rebels! Number 3.... MERMISTA!!"

Mermista groaned as Seahawk stood up in the bleachers and screamed "THATS MY MERMISTA!" Whooping and thrusting his fists in the air.

Adora chuckled to Mermista when she joined and began teasing her.

"Isn't he a great boyfriend?"

"Uuuuuugh. He is not my boyfriend!"

The announcer called the rest of the team then began reading off the Frights.

Adora felt her stomach churn, scamming the Horde side of the bleachers, hoping to see the familiar face of her old friend Catra.

She was never at any of the Horde games, probably too busy mugging Bright Moon "princesses".

That's what the Horde called the students of Bright Moon, spoiled rich prissy princesses.

Catra never used to be that violent...

Okay yes she was.

But never so full of hate until after Adora left.

Flashback
"I've got to do something with my life, Catra! I need a good education, I need to do good, I can't do that here!" She had told the girl. The slender girl rustled with her messy brown hair, and glared her multi-colored eyes at Adora.

They had stood behind Horde High, in the dark section where all the outside lights where smashed. A fence bordered the edge, on the other side lay a city cloaked in darkness.

The asphalt became soft at Adora's feet, making her feel like the ground was going to swallow her up. But she knew that was just her imagination, the pavement was as hard as ever.

"What the hell happened to you Adora?" Catra snapped. "What happened to your dreams of ruling the Fright Zone? Hordak even made you Force Captain! You had a whole section of Horde city under your control! What about our squad? You're just going to leave it?" She bared her teeth in anger.

Adora sighed, placing her hand on Catra's shoulder. Catra hissed and jumped from her touch.

"Catra, I can't. I- It isn't right. Hordak's gang does nothing but terrorize innocent people! They've just been manipulating us as kids! Making us think this was normal, raising us to be violent criminals!" Adora stepped toward Catra, raising her voice as she tried not to cry.