Gym Class Blues

Catra's POV
_____________

"DT, pass me the grinder" Catra hissed quietly, reaching her hand out. Double Trouble smirked and tossed it over.

The two snickered behind the outside bleachers. Sun shone above them, and a wind blew their smoke in the direction of the woods.

The voices of the gym class was faint and distant, ensuring enough privacy for Catra and DT to smoke weed in peace.

Their breaths were long, breathing calmly in and out. It felt nice.

"So about that Adora trouble" DT started, "I have a plan"

Catra groaned, "I already have a plan, ruin her stupid happiness"

DT snorted. "I meant for your tension to ease, kitten, for you two to get over this little pretend hate and get together..."

Catra growled. "I don't want to get with Adora, she ruined me, she left me at the Horde."

"And she can fix you."

Catra stood and tossed the grinder back to DT. Shoving the bowl in her pocket she stormed off to gym class.

Catra froze as she saw Adora in the class. She was the definitely the star of gym class, kicking the soccer ball with fury and aggression. Goal after goal she scored.

"AHG I CANT DO ANYTHING" Catra groaned. With a huff she turned back to DT. As she was about to hide behind the bleacher again, the coach caught sight of her and yelled over.

Muttering curses, Catra stormed back over to the class. The game had paused to watch Catra get yelled at by the teacher. Everyone stood in amusement. Even Adora smirked, knowing what was coming.

"Let's see how good Catra is at goalie" Coach said with a sneer.

"I hate you." Catra hissed.

~~~~~~~~~

"AH!" Catra screeched as the ball when flinging past her.

"yeAH!" Adora cried and thrust her hand up in victory.

"Could you not kick the ball at 90 miles per hour?!" Catra hissed, the hairs on her neck standing up. She forced her ears to flatten and realized everyone was laughing.

In anger, Catra grabbed the ball and scratched it with her claws. The air burst out like a balloon, deflating the soccer ball in seconds. Smirking, she tossed it over her shoulder and gave Adora a grin.

"Really?" Adora said harshly, but there was a tint of amusement behind her voice.

Catra's heart fluttered.

Then it hardened. She gave Adora the finger and walked off.

"DETENTION!" The coach screamed at her as she left the class behind.

Whatever.

~~~~~~~

As Catra walked past the main office, she heard voices. "You mean the cameras were all cut??!" A male voice demanded.

"It seems so, and all we have is the perpetrator is our mascot, but that's hardly a lead!" A softer female voice replied.

"Then give us the mascot! We'll do some evidence checks!" The mans voice boomed back.

"I'm afraid the Mascot went missing in the chaos"

"HOW DOES AN ENTIRE MASCOT GO MISSING??"

Actually Catra knew exactly where the mascot was. The Horde kids had burned it in a party after the succession of the fireworks. Catra had sat there, watching the pride of the Bright Moon Rebels burn up in flames with a smirk.

"What about the students? Surely they must have seen something!"

"The only reports deemed suspicious was an incident where two Horde kids had lighters on them. But after a check, all kids from the Horde had lighters." The softer woman replied.

Catra could tell the man was getting angrier and angrier.

"WHAT ABOUT THE FIREWORKS?"
He raged. The sound of a fist hitting the desk reached Catra's ears.

Her ears perked at this. Interested.

"There was no evidence of where they came from, they were homemade and blown too apart for police to gather any evidence"

Catra couldn't hold it in. She began to laugh quietly. The manic in her grew insane with delight, spreading through her twisted mind.

They had gotten away with the impossible, again.

Oh Horde friends, you never fail to disappoint!

This was what they were trained for, destruction, and slyness. The cleverness of the Horde always got them in and out of trouble. They were quick trained, sneaky and devious.

Being expelled was almost impossible, but somehow Catra had managed to do just that. Apparently accidentally setting your school on fire wasn't okay with Hordak.

But getting expelled was an honor amongst the students, as it showed you did something so bad, even Hordak took notice.

"Don't become one of those Prissy princesses" they warned her.

"I won't" Catra promised.

But something kept tugging at her brain, the way Adora pulled out her knife.

It was her blue bladed knife she always had on her. Everyone at the Horde carried a special blade. It kept them safe, and helped them mug people.

Having a blade was important in the slums, so why would Adora still carry one?

___________________