I'm not on crack, I swear

Adora looked at the teacher with a straight face.

"I'm not on crack, I swear" She promised him, but he didn't look convinced.

She was in a new predicament, and could potentially face time in the counseling office.

She stood on her desk, in a halloween bumble bee costume. In her hands was a yellow cake that read "Happy Bee-day" with little bees decorating the frosting.

Catra stood next to the desk, face redder than a tomato.

It was October 28th, and the sun was shining through the windows.

How Adora got there was a long story, but it went a little something like this:

"Catra's birthday is tomorrow!" Scorpia explaimed, walking through the doors of the cafeteria. Her arms outreached from East to West, dramatically showing her enthusiasm.

Her enthusiasm wasn't the problem, the problem was that Scorpia had yelled it across the room meaning everyone within a mile radius could hear. Everyone knew Scorpia and how loud she was so no one paid attention, except for Adora's table.

"Tomorrows Catra's birthday?" Adora asked, a dumb expression on her face. Glimmer shrugged, not caring. She took a sip of her juice box and passed it to Adora.

Adora took a long sip and pondered what to do.

"Don't bother with that Horde scum" Glimmer muttered, taking the juice back. She angrily sucked, then crumpled the container with brute force. She threw the box into the nearest trash can all nonchalant.

"I want to do something for Catra though" Adora protested, pouting her lip.

Bow launched himself into the conversation with an excited "Lets bake a cake!!"

Glimmer scoffed. "I am not making a cake for Catra! She's a BAD person"

Bow cross his arms "But we are the GOOD guys, we do GOOD things!" He pointed out.

Glimmer huffed and teleported to the vending machine, putting a dollar in.

She came back with a pack of gummies and began placing them on the table.

"This blue one, thats Adora. The red one, Bow, and the yellow, me" Glimmer said with narrowed eyes, placing each gummy carefully.

"I want to be the red one, I always wear my red jacket, yanno?" Adora pointed out. She played with the collar of her jacket to emphasize.

Glimmer placed a hand on the table and looked at Adora with an unimpressed look.

"Okay okay, I'll be blue" Adora said, pushing her hands out to reassure her.

"This deformed gummy? The one can be Catra." Glimmer glared at Bow and Adora, daring them to oppose her.

No one said anything in fear of a lash out.

"Listen, Catra's mission is to tear down everything Adora worked for- we know this from the fireworks incident, and again from the fake locker note. She's trying to mess with your head, so theres got to be a way to eliminate the target plan."

"Kindness?" Bow offered, raising his hand like he was in class.

Glimmer gave him a dead face. "No." she stated.

"I was thinking more intimidation and brute force. Some fist to face techniques to get her to leave us alone."

Adora scoffed. "I'm not punching Catra!"

"Why? She clearly doesn't have a problem punching you! In the face" Glimmer shouted.

Adora stood up and glared down at Glimmer, "I told you, she was trying to punch Huntara!"

Glimmer rolled her eyes and turned her back to Adora.

So Adora grabbed the gummies and popped them in her mouth, chewing aggressively and swallowing hard. This earned a gasp of horror from Glimmer.

She grabbed Adora's cheek and covered her mouth, attempting to prevent the blonde from consuming any more.

"Lemme gooo" Adora mumbled from behind Glimmer's hand, struggling to shove more gummies in. The two wrestled around for a bit until the teacher strutted over and told them to knock it off.

Giggling, the girls sat back down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glimmer groaned. The best friend squad was making a cake for Catra.

"C'mon Glimmer, It'll be fun!" Bow cheered, patting her on the back. Glimmer rolled her eyes and cracked two eggs with excessive force. 

"You got eggshells in there!" Adora exclaimed, pointing horrifically at the monstrosity before her. Glimmer rolled her eyes and dug them out with a fork. 

Bow got out a bottle of fireball and took a swig. 

"Give me that!" Adora scolded, and chugged. 

"HEy HEY!" Bow screeched and grabbed the bottle back. 

They began whisking the eggs with a butter and sugar mixture, creating a fluffy texture. Milk was added next, and a bit of vanilla extract. 

"I love the feeling of flour" Adora mumbled, a dazed smile on her face as she sifted her fingers through the bag of flour. 

"AdORA!" Bow squeaked, slapping her hand away from the powder. Clouds of flour filled the air as Adora clapped her hands together. 

Glimmer grabbed a measuring cup and teleported to where Adora was standing. She lightly pushed Adora out of the way and scooped up the needed amount. 

Adora snuck the bottle of Fireball off the counter and took another swig. 

The sound of the mixer filled her ears, a low hum. Noise was always constant at the Horde, and often gave her headaches. But the absence of constant sounds now made her feel lonely. 

"Hey um, Glimmer. We don't have baking soda" Bow nervously 'haha'ed. 

Glimmer stopped what she was doing and huffed. 

"TO THE STORE" Adora pointed dramatically to the door, her lips were pushed out and eyes were widened. 

"To the STORE!" Bow repeated and they all ran to the car. 

~~~~~~~~~

The gang stood in front of Walmart, and a smirked crossed Glimmer's face. 
"Tricycle race?" She offered. It was like she completely forgot about the baking soda. 

Adora brightened. "YES!" She exclaimed and pumped her fist in the air. 

"First one to get kicked of Walmart out has to wear the bee costume and give Catra her cake!" Glimmer bet, putting her hand out. 

Bow and Adora laughed and put their hands in. 

"Its a bet, but NO powers allowed!" Bow warned. Adora nodded. 

Glimmer grinned embarrassingly.