Dance?

Adora's POV
_______________

Actually she thought Catra was kinda cute, no matter how infuriating she was.

Wow that was a sudden thought.

With food in her mouth, she turned to Bow and tried to choke out words.

"What do you think of Catra"

Putting down his sandwich, Bow glanced at her in surprise.

They sat in the cafeteria, gym had just finished and Adora was starving from the physical exercise.

"I think she's a misunderstood person" he offered, then returned to mowing his peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Why?" He muttered, mouth full.

"I don't know, I guess she's just in my head. When you grow up when someone they know how to push your buttons"

"Is this about the fireworks things? Why haven't you turned her in yet?"

Adora paused. Yeah. Why didn't she?

She would be expelled.
Oh. Yeah.

No matter how much Catra pissed Adora off, she still had pity on the cat-girl. Her stubbornness had always been infuriating, but it was nothing Adora couldn't handle.

The threat, however, to destroy her school was something she couldn't stand.

Her friends meant everything to her.

Suddenly a flash of sparkles appeared and Glimmer spawned like a Minecraft creeper out of nowhere. Bow screamed in surprise and threw his sandwich.

"Oops" Glimmer chuckled.

"Got my lunch" she offered shyly, and passed Bow a chicken nugget.

"Ooooooooo" he said with delight and grabbed the nugget in happiness. Adora chuckled and returned to eating her chicken patty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Adora, ten bucks to run into the teachers lounge and steal me a soda" Glimmer coughed.

That was their running joke, no matter what Adora seemed to do, she never got in trouble more than a detention. Even her detentions felt fun and a joke. The teachers didn't seem to care, because she was the pride and joy of Bright Moon.

"Not right now" she answered, focusing her eyes on the newly approaching Catra.

Double Trouble was close behind her, fixing their eyes on her. Catra wore a smirk, while DT only smiled like there was a joke no one got.

"Hey Adora" Catra laughed. "Check your locker"

Glimmer stood and teleported next to Catra, making her flinch.

"What the fuck did you do?"

Adora didn't stop and listen to any of them. She jumped up and ran down the halls, avoiding students staring in confusion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turning the corner, she saw her locker.... looking normal.

She touched the cool metal, putting in her combination.

When she opened it, a bouquet of roses fell out and onto the floor.

Adora didn't know what to think, was this Catra just messing with her? A deep blush formed across her face as she picked up the roses. Examining them for any notes or tricks, she concluded nothing was suspicious about the roses.

A part of her was mad that Catra felt the need to break into her locker and mess with her head, and the other part thought this was incredibly sweet.

Putting the flowers back in her locker, she saw a note in the back corner.

There was once word written in black ink on the center of the page.

"Dance?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catra's POV

"I can't believe you spilled a carton of spoiled milk in Adora's locker!" Catra laughed.

Double Trouble smirked.

"I did it earlier Kitten, I bet she's fuming right now. And she'll think you did it"

Catra laughed some more. "Do the impression of her again, the one where she opens her locker!"

"Ah! What? SoMeOnE pUt MiLk In My LoCkEr! CATRAAAA I HATE U"

Catra burst into tears. "HAHAHAHHAHA"

This was perfect, another scheme to get Adora to hate her. She was tired of the confusing emotions she was getting inside. Adora left her, if she didn't hate her now, then Catra would make sure there was no hope of the dumb blonde liking her.

What if she likes you

No

shut up shut up shut up shut up she left you. Adora doesn't want you... not like you want her...

Wait did I say that. SHUT UP BRAIN

"you good Kitten?" DT asked, concerned.

"No!" Catra burst out. "I mean yes!" She was starting to get flustered.

"I need Scorpia right now" she muttered and walked off, leaving a confused DT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Catraaaaa" Adora said slyly as Catra walked by.

"What" Catra hissed. They stood in the middle of the hall, like two cowboys about to draw.

"Wanna come rob the teachers lounge of soda with me?"

(Super slick Adora)

Catra tensed in the hallway, glaring at Adora.

"Why would I want to rob the teachers lounge?? With you!?" Catra felt her insides go on panic mode.

Why wasn't Adora mad about the milk?

"You're not mad about... the locker...?" Catra felt her throat swell up.

Adora widened her eyes, blushing a little. "No! I mean- no, no not at all, it was- uh confusing"

"Oh. Uh. Yeah. Confusing. Well, I'm sorry-" Catra blushed.

Apologizing? What the fuck Catra!?

"I mean, No! I'm not sorry!" she spat. Oh fuck, now she sounded like a mess.

Adora laughed and stared a bit too long for Catra to feel comfortable.

"Uh okay, I'll rob the teachers lounge, only because you'd get caught, its not because I like you!"

Adora smirked. "I mean, I- I didn't say anything"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just fucking love emo rap. Hi if you're reading this, my name is Sareè. Or you can call me Ray for short.