Baby it's violence

Catra POV
__________

Catra tightened the strings of her black hoodie as she strolled down the halls of Bright Moon High. Her messy brown hair was hidden by the sweatshirt's hood.

Her gaze was glued to the floor, trying to be invisible to everyone. Watching her black converse sneakers connect with the floor repeatedly became hypnotizing. Maybe it was the weed making her so dazed.

It was definitely the weed.

The thud that the shoes made when colliding with the tiles made Catra awe in wonder. It was so peaceful...

Until she ran right into someone.

"Hey! Watch it!" They protested.

Catra looked up to see a blonde jock in a letterman glaring down at her. Her eyes widened, Adora.

Adora groaned in annoyance "Catra." She hissed in visible distaste. Her arms defensively crossed.

Catra couldn't speak, her mouth felt glued shut. Adora looked so hot in her jacket, and her blonde hair looked so silky smooth- even with the dumb puff. Her cheeks flamed red, getting warm.

The lockers around them felt like they were closing in, and Catra became afraid of the extreme emotions inside her.

"Yeah whatever, Princess. I would've seen your dumb hair poof a mile away if I wasn't staring at the ground" Catra muttered, snapping back at the jock.

Adora's hands tightened around her backpack, knuckles turning white. She growled and uttered something about not having time for this before brushing past Catra and walking away.

"Yeah, well later loser!" The brunette called after the blonde, cheeks burning.

After she was sure the jock was out of sight, Catra slammed her fist into a locker out of rage.

'Stupid stupid feelings' she thought angrily. 

*******

Catra stepped in homeroom just as the bell rang. Mrs. Shadow Weaver glared knives at her. Ignoring the hate, Catra chose a seat in the back of the class. She was trying not to glance at Adora; who was arm wrestling a boy named Sea Hawk.

"Ha!" Adora cheered as she slammed his arm down. He looked crestfallen as Adora stood up on her chair and cheered,  her mocking making a scene. People giggled at her weirdness.

Catra blushed.

"Hey kitten" a voice beside her said, startling her.

Double Trouble, Catra's sort-of friend, sat on top her desk, crossing their legs and blinking with grace.  They looked down in amusement.

"I know your character, kitten- I know that look" They told her, head leaning to the side for flair.

Double Trouble looked at Adora, then back at Catra, raising an eyebrow. They opened their hand as if cupping the blossom of a rose, then squeezed shut. Imaginary petals fluttered to the ground, but Catra could almost see them as plain as day.

"Seems like she hates you at the moment, darling. But I think we can work on that"

Catra tensed up and defensively pushed DT off the desk.
"I don't like her!" She whispered yelled, face bright red.

"CATRA!" Shadow Weaver yelled,
"Detention!"

DT grinned snakelike, placing their hand on their heart.

"Oh kitten, so much emotional friction going on inside"

Catra sometimes really hated her friends.