ꜰᴏᴜʀ

Taeyong POV

"Let me guess, she didn't take it well?" Taeil says as lay down flat on the ground almost as soon as I enter the living room.

"She said she's never gonna talk to me again," I mutter out.

I hear him sigh as he sits down next to me.

"It happens to the best of us. She'll understand, don't worry."

"Woah, what happened to him?" Winwin asks while walking in.

"He told his sister that he was in the mafia," Haechan says, not letting his eyes wander off his phone.

"This is all Jaehyun-hyungs fault," Mark says. "If he didn't shoot Sora, Taeyong wouldn't be like- well- that." He says while watching me.

"In my defence, you guys did say that was Yuju," Jaehyun exclaims as everyone else just rolls their eyes.

"Guys, there's no point in blaming each other for this. We have more important things on our hands." Doyoung says.

"Like what?" I hear Yuta say from the kitchen.

"Like Sora. She can't go back to Taeyong's apartment, she has to stay here. But, we can't leave her at the base overnight so we need someone to stay here with her."

Everyone glances around the room quietly, not daring to utter a word. They know the first one to talk is going to be the one who most likely has to stay at the base with her.

"What about Jungwoo? He's least likely to scare her." Taeil says as Jungwoo looks up from his book.

"Did y'all say my name?" He says as the rest giggle.

"Nah, it should be Yuta. He's good with girls." Winwin declares as Yuta chokes on his coffee.

"No way. It should be Johnny. He's least likely to scare her off." Everyone nods at Haechan's statement as Johnny rolls his eyes.

"Well, I think Taeyong should stay. It's his sister after all." I look up and glare at Johnny as he grins at me.

The whole room suddenly starts chanting who should "babysit" Sora. I think I heard Doyoung suggest my dog, Ruby.

"Wait, wait, wait, what if Jaehyun stays with her?" I suggest as the room goes quiet as if I had just said we should just kill her off.

"Haha, very funny, hyung." Jaehyun says.

"Wait no, that actually makes sense. Because Jaehyun is the one who put us in this situation, he should be the one who has to stay with her!" Haechan says as the rest of the boys nod their heads in agreement.

"OK, it's settled. Jaehyun stays here with Sora. Now shut up, all that yelling is making my head pound." I say as Jaehyun grumbles off into the distance.

~

Sora POV

My eyes linger at my knee which was wrapped up delicately by a cast

If I'm being completely honest, I don't want to stay here. I mean, who would? Staying in a house with 10 mafia members that probably would have raped me by now if I wasn't their leader's little sister isn't exactly ideal.

Speaking of Taeyong, how is he in the mafia? No- wait- how is he a LEADER of a mafia? It doesn't make sense. You don't just become a mafia leader by coincidence. There has to be a reason.

I don't think I'll ever be able to face him again. My own blood is out here killing people for a living! I don't even know how I didn't realize earlier. The many times I've seen him come home in bruises, the countless times where he doesn't even come home. How did I not question it?

The door in the room suddenly opens which interrupts my wave of emotions and thoughts that were soon to take me over.

I look at the person at the door and see Jaehyun standing there, leaning on the frame. My eyes widen as I grab the water bottle next to me.

"W-what do you want?!" I say, holding the bottle as a weapon as he keeps his poker face.

"Calm down, girl. I wouldn't hurt you, you're my bosses sister." He says as I hesitantly put the bottle down.

"You did hurt me though. That's why I'm here." His small grin drops at my statement as he walks up towards me with obvious anger in him.

Jaehyun harshly grabs my chin, forcing me to look him in his hair-rising eyes.

"You better behave, Sora. You're pretty, so we could sell you to someone if we really wanted to." He growls out.

A small smirk appears on my face as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "So you think I'm pretty?"

He lets go of my face. "I'm being serious. I'm not gonna sugar-coat anything, but this is not some random story you read from a book.. This is the mafia."