ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

Sora POV

After leaving Yeonjuns body to rest peacefully, I peep my head out of the door to see if the coast was clear of anybody. Once I was sure there was nobody nearby, I quickly head to the window Yeonjun was talking about. I struggle to open it but once I do... Sure enough, there was a ladder. It's probably there for emergencies. I say in my head.

I slowly head down the ladder that seems unstable. If I fall down and die, I'm killing Yeonjun in the afterlife. I finally stop gripping onto the ladder once I'm down onto the precious grass that I haven't seen in a really long time.

I silently tip-toe to the back of the building where I see barely anyone. Expect for a few dead bodies. Such a shame, not like there's anything I'm going to do about it. I continue walking through the long grass, hoping I don't bring too much attention to myself.

I quietly walk onto a backyard hut and hide behind one of the lanky walls that closed the hut together. I continue crawling across the hut so I can enter the forest and escape from this fucking insane people that want me dead so badly. Honestly, I'm going to have to see a really good therapist after this. I am scarred for life.

I'm about to take a run into the forest and leave this life behind when I hear something that caught me off guard.

"I never thought I would be the one to end your life, Jung Jaehyun."

Ayo, hold up.

I jerk my head back and see Jaehyun being held at gunpoint in front of a dirty pool by non-other than Yuju herself. She holds a pistol directly at his chest as he tries to shoot his gun at her but fails since it's out of ammo.

What am I to do? It's not like I can just walk up to Yuju and ask her politely to stop pointing her gun at him. And I don't have any weapons on me. Sorry Jaehyun, seems like you're on your own on this one. Nice knowing ya'.

I make my way out of the hut and I'm mid-way into walking in the forest when it hits me. A sudden wash of "I just let someone die. Someone I love a lot die." comes over me. Maybe I'll just throw a rock at her. Or chase after her like a crazy person.

I look back at the hut and make direct eye-contact with a bow and arrow that was hanging from the walls of the hut.

Oh hell no, Sora. Ain't no way you're shooting her with a bow and arrow.

Although my mind was telling me this was a bad idea, I literally had no other options. So I grab the bow and arrow and walk up behind Yuju, close enough to shoot her but far enough so she doesn't notice my presence.

I position my arrow. I can see Jaehyun make eye-contact with me, but I put my index finger over my mouth so he doesn't say anything to Yuju.

Oh well, here goes nothing.

"Hey, Yuju!" I call right before she fires the bullet through Jaehyun. She turns her head and smirks in delight once she sees me.

Oh, look who decided to-" Before she can finish, I let go of the arrow and close my eyes, too nervous to see what I hit. I hear a 'Splash!' sound and I open my eyes to see Jaehyun looking down at the pool.

I run up to him and sure enough, there was Yuju sinking slowly to the bottom of the dirty, blue pool that was filled with leaves and dirt of all kinds.

I drop the bow and arrow in shock. "D-Did... Did you see..."

Jaehyun gives me an equally surprised look. "What... Why? H-How?"

I shrug my shoulders, equally as confused as him.

"Wait, we have to go!" Jaehyun says once he remembers that I'm still being hunted down. He - once again - grabs my wrist and starts running into the forest. At this point, I think I'm gonna need surgery from how sore my wrist is from all this dragging. You'd think my life's a Kdrama considering how many times that had happened.

Jaehyun and I run down the dark forest until our weak bodies gave up on us. As I rest against a tree, Jaehyun messages Taeyong to inform him that I'm safe and away from everyone.

He puts his phone in his pocket after contacting Taeyong. "Why did you save me?" He confronts.

Although I usually know the answer to things right away, this one took time. Why did I save him? What even were my exact thoughts when I picked up that bow and arrow and killed someone?

"I just let someone die. Someone I love a lot die."

Oh yeah, that was what I was thinking.

I giggle slightly, clearly anxious about how he might respond. After all, I am his boss's sister. "Jaehyun, I'm gonna be straight-forward... I have a big, fat crush on you."

Even though it was dark outside, I still saw his cheeks turn a bright shade of red. Is that a good thing for me?

"I uh-" He starts, but I can already see where this is going.

"We should head back to the base. I'm getting homesick." I laugh awkwardly, desperately trying to change the topic to someone else so I don't have to deal with the embarrassment of getting rejected. I start making my way down the forest but am stopped by Jaehyun.

"Wait!" He calls out. At least he didn't grab my wrist this time.

"I... Like you too." He stutters out. At least I'm not the only one who seems nervous.

"Nice. Let's go home now." I say, going down the hill again. "You coming?"

He gives me a confused look but eventually starts going down the hill with me.

"That was anti-climatic." He laughs.

"What were you excepting? A big speech on why you should like me back?" I joke, stumbling down the hill as I see a car waiting for us at the other side of the forest.

"That's Taeyong's car. Don't worry." He reassures me. "So... Are we dating now?"

"Sure, if you want to," I say right before I open the car door to reveal Yuta and Taeyong in the front seat waiting for us.

I collapse onto the seat as I lay down with my legs on Jaehyun. "I am so tired, my god. Did you know I killed Yuju. With a bow and arrow? I felt like such the bad bitch, honestly."

I wait for one of them to respond, but they remain silent. Jaehyun and I exchange suspicious looks.

Suddenly, Yuta sniffles loudly, trying to hide his oblivious tears.

"Dude, are you crying? What happened?" I ask, my worries going from 10% to 100%.

"It's Winwin. He didn't make it."

~