Boiling Rock, Part 2

Chapter 40

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 8196 words

(Y/n) POV

Sokka and I ran towards the front of the lines and passed through a large group of guards.

"Excuse me, coming through. The warden wants me over there" Sokka told them.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed as we were able to inch our way in between a large group of guards watching the new group of prisoners

The guards were all very larger and had more stature then my brother and I, but they didn't take any notice of us. Probably because the Warden was right there.

I then glanced to Sokka, who had a very anxious face plastered on. While I just looked ahead with a stone stature placed on.

The eight prisoners were all lined together as the Warden strutted over, "Welcome to the Boiling Rock. I'm sure you've all heard the horrible rumors about our little island. Well, I just want to tell you that they don't have to be true, as long as you do everything I say," He stopped in front of my father who was looking down. Father always had a thing about respect, and never looked men or women in the eye if he had none. "Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you" the Warden spat in his face.

Father then gazed to the side still not looking him in the eye, "No"

The Warden's eyes widened, "Oh? You'd rather look at my shoes? Then take a look!" he raised his left leg and dragged father by the handcuffs down onto the floor.

Father was now on his knees with an annoyed face glaring at the man.

Sokka was about to lunge at the Warden but I held him back. He gave me a look of plea, but I just shook my head making him stop struggling.

The Warden stood over father, keeping his foot firmly pressed on the Cheif's handcuffs, "I know exactly who you are, Hakoda of the Water Tribe. The infamous father to the Southern Dragon. So strong-willed. But don't worry, we'll get rid of that in time. Now look me in the eye!"

Father sighed and glared the man in the eyes making my eyes widened. What's that man up too?

The Warden smirked, "See, isn't that better? You will all do as I say or pay the price. You will all-" he began to walk forward only for father to lift his left handcuff slightly, tripping the warden and causing him to fall flat on the ground.

Sokka stifled a chuckle, as I kept my face stone cold.

Two guards soon rushed to aid the warden, "Are you okay, sir?"

The Warden rose to his feet with a scowl, "I'm fine! Get these prisoners out of my sight!" He spat before walking away with all of the other guards.

—————
(Third Person) POV

Hakoda sat alone in his private cell and sighed. Before he could even take a moment to think, a guard in full gear covering their face came into the room slamming the door shut behind them.

Hakoda rolled his eyes not paying attention to the guard as they began to speak, "Are you enjoying yourself?"

He looked to them with a scowl, "Are you trying to taunt me?"

They nodded leaning against the metal door, "Yes. Why else would I be here?"

"And you did a great job. Now if you have nothing else to say, leave" he gestured to the door.

They shook their head, "No I do... I came to see the infamous Chief wallowing in his own self pity," they let out a taunting chuckle making his eyes widen. "Yeah that's right, I know who you are Chief Hakoda. Everyone knows who you are. I mean your children are the biggest threat to the Fire Nation... not that you were around to know that" they smirked under their mask.