The Waterbending Scroll

Chapter 8

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 3228 words

(Y/n) POV

As I was watching the clouds go by I kept noticing how Aang wouldn't stop pacing back and forth.

"Would you sit down?" I asked him, "Your blocking my view" I chuckled.

"If we hit a bump, you'll go flying off. What's bugging you anyway?" Sokka asked.

He kept pacing, "It's what Avatar Roku said. I'm supposed to master all four elements before that comet arrives"

"Well, let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you a hundred and twelve years. I'm sure you can master three more elements by next summer" Sokka told him.

I reached over to Sokka and gave him a little flame, not enough to harm him but to startle him, "Hey!"

"Don't pressure him" I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't even started waterbending and we're still weeks away from the North Pole. What am I gonna do?" He continued to freak out.

Katara grabbed him and pulled him down to sit with her, "Calm down, it's going to be okay. If you want, I can try to teach you some of the stuff I know" she smiled.

"You'd do that?" Aang smiled.

Katara nodded, "We'll need to find a good source of water first"

Sokka chuckled, "Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in"

——————

We landed by a large lake with a running waterfall, "Nice puddle" I chuckled.

I watched as Appa flew down into the river and created a huge splash that soaks and almost knocks Momo of the rock he's standing on.

I chuckled grabbing my hunting supplies, "Ok while your practicing, I'm gonna go find some food," I smiled. "Come on Momo"

He jumped on my shoulder and we went to find something to eat.

We started waking down a path before I noticed a small dock filled with people, "Shit" I sighed.

Don't get me wrong I love finding villages, wait never mind I hate finding villages! Large groups of people mean firebenders, firebenders mean spies, spies mean Zuko, Zuko means captured, captured means Fire Lord.

"We better get out of here" I told Momo and we made our way back to the group and saw Sokka in the water.

"What happened? I was gone for like five minutes" I chuckled.

"Nothing" Katara sighed.

"We lost our supplies thanks to the waterbenders" Sokka sighed.

I groaned, "Fine. There's a Village not far from here. When we go there I want no fighting, talking, any form of bending, flirting with the locals I'm looking at you Katara, stealing, or drawing ANY attention to ourselves" I told them.

"Wow. Why so many rules?" Katara chuckled.

I gave her a glare, "Aang and I have an entire Nation after us, and I intend to stay free"

—————

"We've got exactly three copper pieces left from the money that King Bumi gave us. Let's spend it wisely" Sokka told us as we walked through the market.

"Uh, make that two copper pieces, Sokka. I couldn't say no to this whistle!" Aang pulled out a white whistle that looked like a bison.

He took a huge breath and blew into it, but it barely makes a sound. I took it from him, "What did I say about drawing attention to ourselves?"