The Chase

Chapter 19

(Feel free time comment)

(Confession time! Only now did I realize it says 'Feel free time comment' but now I don't feel like changing it so now it's just gonna be a place comment all your random shit)

Word count 4315 words

(Y/n) POV

As the sun began to set we landed in a forested area to camp for the night.

"Hey! You guys picked a great campsite," Toph exclaimed wriggling her toes in the thick mat of fur covering the ground around the bison. "The grass is so soft"

"Uhh Toph?" I cringed.

"That's not grass. Appa's shedding" Sokka sighed.

Katara crinkled her nose, "Oh, gross!"

Aang smiled, "That's not gross, it's just a part of spring! You know, rebirth, flowers blooming and Appa gets a new coat"

"And become even fluffier!" I yelled hugging the beautiful bison.

"Ah, the beauty of spring," she rolled her eyes before Appa sneezed making a large sum of clumps landed everywhere. "Stop! Appa, stop! Ugh!" She coughed.

"It's not that bad, Katara," Sokka turned to us revealing a wig made of fur, done up in a towering beehive making me chuckle getting an idea. "It makes a great wig!"

Aang ran over and put it on his face, "And a great beard!"

"Hey guys?" I shook.

"(Y/n)? W-what's wrong?" Katara ran over to me.

"It-it's my... face" I cried making her gasp.

"What happened?!"

"I got a... SCAR!" I yelled showing fur surrounding my face resembling Zuko's scar making her scream before realizing it was fur.

We all started to laugh as Katara huffed, "That's not funny (Y/n)"

"Yeah it is"

She crossed her arms, "You know if you keep making scar jokes, we're not gonna believe you when you get on"

"When?" I chuckled lightly pushing her, "Nobody's gonna scar me. Nobody"

She sighed, "You're right.." she then peaked up, "I'm just glad we finally have another girl in the group, because you three are disgusting" she pointed to my fur scar.

"What?" I smirked, "Are we too weird for you?"

"Yes"

"...Oh"

Toph snickered, "Excuse me, does anyone have a razor? Because I've got some hairy pits!" She showed her pits with Appa's fur sticking out making us all but Katara laugh.

After our laughing session we all started to unpack. I took all of the food and fire supplies off while I watched Katara strut over to Toph who was sitting down.

"So Toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work" she told her.

Toph casually shrugged, "Hey, don't worry about me. I'm good to go"

"Well, actually what I'm trying to say is, some of us might fetch water, while someone else might set up the fire pit, or put up the tent. Even Momo does his fair share" Katara explained.

"Katara, I'm fine. I can carry my own weight. I don't need a fire, I've already collected my own food and look," Toph used her Earthbending to make a rock tent. "My tent's all set up"