The Serpent's Pass

Chapter 22

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 3569 words

(Y/n) POV

"Fireball!!" I screamed jumping into the water.

"(Y/n)! My map!" Sokka yelled at me.

I spit out the water in my mouth and chuckled, "Sorry"

I heard a cackle from on top of the top of the cliff, "You call that a fireball?"

I smirked looking up, "Let's see it little sister"

She jumped down and screamed, "Waterbending bomb! Yeah!"

My eyes widened as she used her bending to make the water fly up. I screamed as I went up with the water.

As I smashed back down I gasped coming up for air, before I looked to my sister and glared... before we both couldn't hold it in and started to burst out laughing.

Sokka grunted, "Sure, five thousand year-old maps from the spirit library. Just splash some water on 'em"

"Sorry" we both chuckled getting out of the water.

"So, did you figure out what route we're going to take?" Aang asked him.

"Okay, we just got out of the desert, so we must be around here. And we need to go to Ba Sing Se, which is here. It looks like the only passage connecting the south to the north is this sliver of land called the Serpent's Pass" he explained.

Katara and I started to ring our hair out, "Katara, do you mind?" I asked turning around.

"No problem" she smiled before bending the water out of my hair, making it dry.

"Excuse me girls, we're trying to discuss an important topic right now" Sokka told us.

"Did you pass out for ten hours yesterday?" I crossed my arms making him shut up, "That's what I thought, I'm recuperating"

"By swimming" Katara chuckled so I elbowed her in the stomach.

"You sure that's the best way to go? The Serpent's Pass?" Toph crosses her arms.

"It's the only way. I mean, it's not like we have Appa to fly us there" Sokka explained.

"Shush up about Appa. Can't you at least try to be sensitive?" Katara glared at him.

Aang gave a light smile, "Katara, it's okay. I know I was upset about losing Appa before, but I just want to focus on getting to Ba Sing Se and telling the Earth King about the solar eclipse"

Katara and I looked at each other in shock (I honestly thought I'd have to back hand him again), "Oh... well, okay. I'm glad you're doing better" Katara told him.

"Then to Ba Sing Se we go. No more distractions" Sokka declared as I started to squeal.

Everyone turned to face me as I was literally jumping up and down as my hands started to jitter like a little school girl.

My eyes widened as I realized what I was doing. I immediately stopped and coughed, "Sorry" I pulled out my fan and began to sharpen it with my new pocket knife I stole from the head Sandbender.

I then felt a presence behind me, "Hello there, fellow refugees!" It called and I jumped around seeing a man, a girl and a pregnant woman smiling at us.

I put my fan and knife away as Aang smiled, "So, you guys are headed to Ba Sing Se, too?"

"Sure are. We're trying to get there before my wife Ying has her baby" the man told us.