The Earth King

Chapter 26

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 7811 words

(Y/n) POV

We jumped off of Appa and stood on a small little island that was just big enough for us to fit on.

Aang didn't let go of me as he squeezed me and Appa, "I missed you more than you'll ever know, buddy," he cried before Momo flew over to lick him, cheering him up. Aang began to laugh before turning to me, "I thought he did something to you, I was so-"

Before he could finish I wiggled out of his hold and put him in a headlock and noogied him, "Hey! (Y/n)!" He laughed.

"What did I tell you about worrying about me? I'm fine" I chuckled letting him go.

He then pulled out my necklace my eyes bulged out as I felt my now naked neck, "H-h-h...ow did you-"

"Long Feng stole it" he shrugged before giving it to me.

"What did he do to you?" Katara came over putting a gental hand on my shoulder.

"Standard cell, it was made of ice, thought I was gonna die... I'm ok" I chuckled putting my necklace back on.

My brother then came over, "Look, we escaped from the Dai Li. We got Appa and (Y/n) back. I'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll" he punched the air.

"One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll" my sister sighed.

Sokka smirked, "We can build on it. If we want to invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we'll need the Earth King's support"

"Exactly. The next thing we need to do is see him... now" I demanded.

Sokka looked at me in shock, "But (Y/n)?! I thought you'd be against it! I mean... your childhood dream-"

"Dream-sheam! I know this goes against my perfect childhood vision of being invited to the palace, but I have to put that aside for the world. The king is clueless about the war, and even though I really don't want to do this... I need to put my dreams aside for the greater good"

Toph raised a brow, "What makes you think we'll get it? I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang"

Sokka smirked, "I know, but I've got a good feeling about this. This time will be different"

"Sokka, Long Feng is in control of the city. His conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful. I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us" Katara told him.

Toph agreed, "I'm with Sweetness. I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se. And I can't even see!"

"But now that we have Appa back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth. About the conspiracy and the War" Aang told them.

"See? Aang's with us!" Sokka exclaimed putting an arm around both the Avatar and I. "It's the whole reason we came here in the first place. We have to try"

Katara took a moment, "Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change"

Toph stood up, "I don't trust the new positive Sokka and (Y/n)," she then shot a finger at us. "Long Feng brainwashed you, didn't he!?"

"Brainwashed?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"You don't wanna know" Katara sighed shaking her head.

Sokka then noticed a couple boats heading towards us, "That's probably the Dai Li searching for us.... So?" He leant closer towards our sister who smirked.