The Southern Air Temple

Chapter 3

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 2872 words

(Y/n) POV

We were all on Appa trying to find the Southern Air Temple. I was kinda scared to see Aang's reaction to be honest.

He seemed fine with me after we escaped Zuko, but I don't know how he will react later.

I know we don't fully know if all the airbenders are gone, but you never know.

I look over to my brother who's clutching his stomach as it growled, "Hungry?" I chuckled.

He glared at me before talking to his stomach, "Hey, stomach? Be quiet, all right? I'm trying to find us some food"

"It's not going to listen to you" I chuckled.

"It's not going to listen to you" he mimicked me.

I stuck my tongue out in response.

I looked forward and we saw a glimpse of a mountain, "The Patola Mountain range! We're almost there!" Aang smiled.

"Aang, before we get to the temple, I want to talk to you about the airbenders" Katara told him, causing me to sit up and scotch closer towards the conversation.

"What about 'em?" He cheerfully asked.

I sighed, "We just want you to be prepared for what you might see. I may be cool, but the rest of the Fire Nation is ruthless"

Katara sighed clutching our mothers necklace, "They killed my mother, and they could have done the same to your people"

I was always jealous of Katara for reviving that necklace. Don't get me wrong I love her, but she's always received more attention than me.

As kids mom would often be with her rather than me. I don't blame her though. Father and the council made it clear I was a monster to be feared.

"Just because no one has seen an airbender, doesn't mean the Fire Nation killed them all. They probably escaped!" Aang reassured us.

"I know it's hard to accept" Katara placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't understand, Katara. The only way to get to an airbender temple is on a flying bison, and I doubt the Fire Nation has any flying bison! Right Appa?" He asked his bison.

My sister and I glanced at each other.

"Aang... just please don't hold me accountable for any-"

"There it is. The Southern Air Temple" he cut me off as we saw a temple in the distance.

Our eyes widened at the beautiful sight, "Aang, it's amazing!"

He smiled, "We're home, buddy! We're home" he told his fluffy boy.

We quickly landed at the base of snow covered stairs and Aang immediately ran up them and out of earshot.

"So where do I get something to eat?" Sokka asked.

Katara rolled her eyes, "You're lucky enough to be one of the first outsiders to ever visit an airbender temple, and all you can think about is food?"

"Are you serious surprised?" I chuckled, "It's Sokka"

"Hey! I'm just a simple guy, with simple needs" he defended himself.

"Simple alright" I muttered.

"Hey!"

We make it up to where Aang is and he excitedly points to a weird section covered in wooden posts, "So that's where my friends and I would play airball," he points to a giant slab. "and over there is where the bison would sleep, and..." he trails off.