Winter Solstice, Part 1

Chapter 6

(Feel free time comment)

Word count 2749 words

(Y/n) POV

I was taking in the nice breeze on Appa as my siblings were all joking in the back.

"Those clouds look so soft, don't they? Like you could just jump down and you'd land in a big, soft, cottony heap?" Katara asked.

"Maybe you should give it a try" Sokka rolled his eyes.

"Don't give her any ideas" I chuckled.

Katara rolls her eyes "You're both hilarious"

Aang smiles, "I'll try it!" He picked up his staff, jumping off Appa with a big smile on his face.

"That's the fate of our world everyone!" I sighed.

As he begins to fall, he turns once around his axis, He falls down spreadeagled, laughing joyously, "Yeah! Turns out, clouds are made of water" he told us soaking wet.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "I could've told you tha-" I stopped myself.

"(Y/n).... you ok?" Katara raised a brow.

I point to the landscape in front of us. There was nothing but a large, dark patch of burned land standing out among the lush green of the forest.

We all stared at the landscape in shock, "It's like a scar..." Sokka mumble.

We land a couple feet away from the wasteland before walking through it. There was so much destruction. So much pain.

"It's so quiet. There's no life anywhere" Sokka told us.

I clenched my fist together and started to shake, how. How could my people do this.

They were monsters! I was a mon- "(Y/n)?" Sokka taped my shoulder.

I snapped out of my daze and turned to him, "Yeah?"

He bit his lip, "Uh... your... fist" he pointed at my fist.

I raised a brow before looking down seeing my hand enfolded in a blue flame, "Oh!" I sighed shaking my hand putting it out, "Sorry"

We looked over to see Aang on the ground, "Aang? Are you okay?" Katara ran over.

"Fire Nation! Those evil savages make me sick! They have no respect for-"

"Shhh!" I shushed my brother.

"What? I'm not allowed to be angry?" Sokka angrily whispered.

My sister and Aang has a quiet talk before saying, "That's why we're going to the North Pole. To find you a teacher"

"Yeah. A waterbending teacher. But there's no one who can teach me how to be the Avatar. Monk Gyatso said that Avatar Roku would help me" he told her.

"The Avatar before you? He died over a hundred years ago" Sokka stated.

"How are you supposed to talk to him?" I raised a brow, "It's not like he'd talk to any of us"

Aang sighed, "I don't know"

Momo jumped up onto Aang and settles in his lap.

I saw a nut on the ground and picked it up before walking over to him. "Hey, Aang! You ready to be cheered up?" I smirked kneeling down to face him.

"No," he sighed before I threw an acorn at him. "Ow! Hey, how is that cheering me up?"

Sokka chuckled, "Cheered me up," I threw an acorn at him. "Ow. Yeah, I probably deserved that"